On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 09:33:59AM -0800, Mr O wrote:
> Looking at SparklePower's website I've noticed the largest
> redundant they make is only 460W. The ONLY power supplies to
> consider for any machine is anything made by PC Power & Cooling,
> Sparkle Power (including but not limited to: Fortron; Vantec;
> Aopen; and others produced as OEM by Sparkle), Antec, and
> Hi-Pro. Anything else should not even be considered a power
> supply.
> www.sparklepower.com
> www.pcpowerandcooling.com
>
> New toys I must play with. Y'all have fun now.

We have a twin power 900 supply made by pc power and cooling.  It has
dual 425w, but it doesn't cut the mustard.  We've been working with a
server that keeps going down.  Now we are going with an N+1 power supply
that has 3x350w supplies and a total redundant power output of 600w made
by zippy.  We were rather impressed when we called the manufacturer on
the east coast saturday night at 8:30 (11:30 his time) because of a
problem and actually spoke to the guy who shipped it to us.

PC Power and Cooling actually told me that people are moving away from
redundant power supplies.  -- Yeah, you used to be cool.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your