Xawtv wasn't working for me on two monitors.  It did work before my nvidea
video card upgrade.  I don't know why it wouldn't.  I edited the XF86Config-4
file to get rid of the one monitor.  It didn't work.  So I went back to the
original XF86Config-4.  I noticed I could run the xawtv when I was on my
second monitor but  the output would be on my primary monitor.  So I ran
xawtv -h and looked at the help file.  I tried a couple of the swithches and
I finally got one which worked.  It's  "xawtv -remote" and it works only on
the second monitor.  I just got it to work on my primary with monitor with
the comand "xawtv -noxv".  I thought I'd pass this along so anyone who ran
into this problem would watch TV on that second monitor.  I wondoer if I
tried a second video card and third monitor if it would work. Someday..

I still have solved the shell (ctrl + alt + F1) being on the second monitor.
I just found "setterm" and I'm going to play around with it.  If I get the
shell on my primary monitor I will post it.  Any suggestions. I'll try them.

Tim