I have the same situation with my laptop except it's kernel 2.6.0.

The ZAxisMapping was missing from XF86Config and I added it back in.  Still no
joy.

Keep us posted.  I was just getting ready to upgrade the kernel on my desktop
when I saw your message.  Now I'm going to wait.

Thanks

jgw ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Stats:
> - Fresh Slackware 9.1 install (w/ patches)
> - Kernel 2.6.4 with usb mouse support
> - ASUS A7V600 mobo
> - Dropline GNOME
>
> When I was using the 2.4.24 kernel, I added the ZAxisMapping option to my
> XF86Config and my usb mouse's (Microsoft optical mouse) scroll wheel
> worked fine in X/GNOME. I upgraded to 2.6.4 and now the scroll wheel
> doesn't work, although my mouse does. Googled, tried killing gpm, still a
> no go.
>
> Any ideas on what avenues to explore next? Are there any hidden
> scrollwheel options in the kernel config I'm missing?
>
> /jgw

Assured Computing, Inc.
When you need to be sure.
http://www.assuredcomp.com/