Hey Liam, dear Ultimate community,

my name is Schlumpf and I guess I'm the person you are asking about. The
term professionalisation is very general because it actually is. The last
two years I had the chance to learn how the EUF works and we have a lot of
ideas how to accompany our sport on its path the next years. We are
definitely growing bigger as a community and a lot of challenges are
waiting to be addressed and solved.

Here are a few topics where we want to invest work in the next years:

   - player registration, player database, team database, tournament
   database
   - work together with WADA to slowly find out their requirements,
   procedures, and start implementing them into the bids for future EUF
   tournaments (will take a few years anyway, so we have to start early)
   - with fanseat.com the visibility of Ultimate will grow exponentially in
   the next years, so the behavior on and next to the fields should be
   sportsmanlike and the awareness has to be raised in this topic (Alkohol
   next to the field, unsportsmanlike behavior on the field, drug use at the
   tournaments,.....)
   - Spirit of the game will face a lot of challenges as soon as money gets
   involved. With more streaming, sponsors will be more common and with that
   placements will be more important to some teams than showing a good spirit
   and "be liked" in the community. We already started raising the bars on
   SOTG and with a lot of different programs and incentives we are trying to
   raise the importance of SOTG, but also we are preparing to hold teams
   accountable in front of the community to make sure the standards are not
   beaten every tournament.
   - Coach the coaches program in the following years especially for
   eastern countries to get a knowledge transfer
   - EUF coaching certificate for schools and clubs coaches, so local
   government requirements can be met, to be allowed to go to schools and
   teach kids Ultimate
   - the tournament calender gets very full, and different countries
   schedule different season periods. We will try to coordinate those better
   so bids for EUF tournaments can be placed easier.
   -
   -

I hope I could bring light into the vague words "Education" and
"Professionalisation", but maybe "Coaching" and "Development" are easier to
understand and mean pretty much the same thing and we will use those in
2018 :)

Kind regards, Schlumpf

--

Sincerely, Marc Michael Huber