Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:16:00 -0800 (PST)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY ONLINE EXHIBIT UPDATE

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY ONLINE EXHIBIT UPDATE

UPDATE - March 5, 2001:

Greetings from Dennis Gonzales

33 years later...

Last email, I forgotten to mention one more 2001 collector that is well
known in the 2001 fandom world, who did not attend the Tech Museum's
2001:DESTINATION SPACE party, Phil Vendy (a.k.a. "Underman") from
www.underview.com/2001.html.  We would not have done this exhibit without
his support.

Entertainment Weekly's "Cyber Digest: Astro - Surf" article, (#578, January
19, 2001) said, "Phil Vendy of Sidney proves himself the Big Man on
Campus."  And gave him the tag, Ph.D. in Kubrick Studies.

I totally agree.

Stay tune to pictures of Scott Alexander's famous award winning kit ARIES
1B next week in our model section.  And a new radio-Internet program about
the celebration of 2001 in the spring by yours truly.

-Dennis Gonzales

2001 Exhibition - Museum of Oxford - March-June 2001:

Featuring Harry Lange's (2001 designer) original works

http://www.harry-lange.org.uk

Posted by, Howard Hill, Webmaster

Note from Dennis: Are you kidding? Yes - I do plan to see the exhibit.

Artist Spotlight, Simon Atkinson.  We're honor to host Simon's 2001 works
and about his career in the Gallery section.  Artwork for sale:

http://www.2001exhibit.org/atkinson.html

Posted by, Dennis Gonzales

All artwork is copyright, 2001.  Simon Atkinson. For further works from
Simon, visit Underman's 2001,
http://www.underview.com/2001/artwork/artwork.html

Modeler, Vince Hoffman is now selling his ARIES 1-B cockpit for Scott
Alexanders' kit.  Visit Federation Models, and click on Models Kits and
Planet V.

http://www.federationmodels.com/model_kits/default.htm

Posted by, Vince Hoffman.

Note from Dennis Gonzales:  Vince just finished the Lunar Models HAL 9000
kit tonight.  LM sent me a model to build for our website and I choose
Vince to do the job.  With all our of our combined resources about HAL,
from Mike Jackson to the real HAL 9000 prop, Vince did a beautiful job on
the resin kit being its grossly inaccurate.  HAL will be displayed at the
Union City's Science, Earth & Health Festival on March 10th along with some
of my "2001" collections.

2001: A Space Odyssey Link page updated.  Is your website missing?

http://www.2001exhibit.org/links.html

Posted by, Dennis Gonzales

The Pope into "2001", from salon.com:

http://www.salon.com/people/col/reit/2001/03/05/npmon/index.html

Posted by, Jeff Grote

And from Mike Jackson (posted in AMK by Katharina Kubrick):

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,2-92277,00.html

Note from Dennis Gonzales: I do plan to send the Vatican information about
my website so the Pope can bless it.

More salon.com  about Kier Dullea:

http://www.salon.com/people/feature/1999/05/29/dullea/index.html

And about the movie:

http://www.salon.com/march97/rosenberg970321.html

Posted by, Dennis Gonzales

Hans L.D.G. Starlife reflects on 2001 in BACK TO THE SPACE ODYSSEY:

http://starlife.org/2001

Posted by, Dennis Gonzales
PS - This site is one of the best in the world for space colonization and
exploration.  I highly recommend this site.

Seattle Times locks in The 2001: A Space Odyssey Collectibles Exhibit:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/SeattleTimes.woa/wa/goto
Article?zsection_id=268466359&text_only=0&slug=mono02m&document_id=134257598

Posted by, Dennis Gonzales

USA Today featured "2001" on the front page on Jan. 1/2, 2001

http://www.usatoday.com/life/enter/movies/flick003.htm

Posted by, Dennis Gonzales

Another recent "2001" feature we forgot to post from the San Francisco
Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/01/01
/MN104308.DTL&type=science

Speaking of news, I guess we've arrived to the year 2061 a bit early as far
as Clarke's book is concern:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/010214/d.html

Posted by, Dennis Gonzales

Russel Brown jumps on the 2001 band wagon.  If you like HAL, you have to
see this website.  Its very cool:

http://www.russellbrown.com/adim2001/welcome.html

Posted by, Dennis Gonzales

Another awesome site, which will help me not answer, questions what the
meaning of the movie is about:

http://www.kubrick2001.com/

Posted by, Mike Jackson

REMINDER FOR THE LOCALS IN SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA: Science, Earth & Health
Festival, Union City, CA:

We have an annual event in Union City called the Union City
Science, Earth & Health Festival that will be held this year on
Saturday, March 10th at our very large high school-James Logan.

Our theme this year is "2001 A Space Odyssey". Among the featured
exhibits and interactive activities are projects from NASA and
the Chabot Space & Science Center.

Dennis Gonzales and the Tech Museum will be onsite.

For further information, contact Richard Valle, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Posted by, Richard Valle

Current projects underway or happening:

The Tech Museum of Innovation's 2001:DESTINATION SPACE Exhibition, San
Jose, CA February 9, through September 3, 2001. For further information,
contact Kris Covarrubias, Public Relations Manager at (408) 795-6226 or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Visit the Tech at http://www.thetech.org

HAL 9000 Model from Lunar Models built by Vince Hoffmann.  Pictures will be
posted in April.

Scott Alexander's Space Pod model photos by Mark Watson.  On-line soon.
Note: You can see this Space Pod at 2001:DESTINATION SPACE.

Scott Alexander's ARIES model photos by Mark Watson.  On-line soon.

The Space:1999 Collectible and Nostalgic online exhibit is opening soon!

The technology page will provide some exciting content about the world of
"2001".  Develop by Mike Jackson and Dennis Gonzales.

A traveling 2001: A Space Odyssey "Collectibles" exhibit is being
considered.  If you own any rare one of a kind items you want to share to
the world, contact Lee Shargel, [EMAIL PROTECTED] for details.

2001 costumes are under construction.  The costumes will be completely
faithful in honor of fashion designer Hardy Amies. Photos will be on-line
soon of the Space Station 5 female outfit.

Posted by:
Dennis Gonzales
2001: A Space Odyssey Collectibles Exhibit.
http://www.2001exhibit.org

P. O. Box 27
Palo Alto CA 94301-9991
1-650-344-9555