An amazing find.  Just for some perspective, here's a
back-of-the-envelope sort of axial view of the solar
system that gives you an approximation of the
distance(s) at which Sedna orbits.  It's highly
eccentric, so I show its aphelion and perihelion.

S=sun
e=Earth mean radius(1 AU)
p=Pluto mean radius (39.5 AU)
@=Sedna aphelion (75 AU)
s=Sedna perihelion (800 AU)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry if that line-wraps.  It certainly gets out
there, doesn't it?  Article doesn't say, but I'm sure
it was spotted near the aphelion.  Makes you wonder
how many other similar objects are out there, but
currently too far away for us to take notice.

http://www.spacetoday.net/getsummary.php?id=2252<http://www.spacetoday.net/getsummary.php?id=2252>

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,8968352%255E29098,00.html<http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,8968352%5E29098,00.html>

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2004/mar/HQ_n04040_solar_object.html<http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2004/mar/HQ_n04040_solar_object.html>

http://www.spacetoday.net/<http://www.spacetoday.net/>