Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 6:51 AM
Subject: Re: the latest splat

Jeff Bell is a bit depressed about this whole thing.

He slightly disparages mid-air helicopter retrieval, even though that seemed to be one of the bits of good news in this story: it can be done.

He also has some rather unkind words for Robert Zubrin, but I guess he's not exactly alone in that.

The main thing I got from his op-ed is that sample return really is an important capability - we should be trying to get it down to, well, to a *science*.

-michael turner