In a message of Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:40:23 +0100, "M.-A. Lemburg" writes:
>Laura Creighton wrote:
>> In a message of Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:16:32 +0100, "M.-A. Lemburg" writes
>:
>>>
>>> Could you please let us know where to find those updated
>>> files ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Marc-Andre Lemburg
>>> eGenix.com
>>
>> Thank you.  I forgot to post the update.  They are at
>> http://www2.openend.se/~lac/EP2011
>
>Thanks.
>
>Regarding the budgets:
>
>There are significant differences in the figures for sponsors...
>I don't know how much sponsor money we got for EPC 2009, but the
>EUR 20,000 figure used by the German proposal looks more realistic
>compared to the EUR 73,000 figure in the Italian one.
>
>The Italian proposal uses EUR 56,000 as estimate for the attendee
>fees, the German one EUR 87,000. Again, it would be interesting
>to see what the figure was for EPC 2009.
>
>I guess it'd be safer to budget with the German attendee
>fees and sponsoring income, which results in a revenue of
>about EUR 107,000.
>
>This results in a slight loss compared to the costs in the German
>proposal, and probably also in the Italian (after factoring in
>the missing cost factors that the German one mentions).
>
>--
>Marc-Andre Lemburg
>eGenix.com

I think that the only way to go is to make a budget with 'what we
will do with 0 amount of sponsorship' and then build a progressive
'and what we will add' (or how we will decrease attendence fees)
based on successive amounts of raising funding.

How much money you raise depends on how much money companies are
willing to spend, and this seems to have more to do with whether
they are hiring this year more than anything else.

On the other hand, I already know that the Italians are better at
raising money for PyCON Italia than all of us are at raising money
for EuroPython.  So, while I know that I cannot raise 73,000 Euros
for Europython, I hesitate to conclude anything about that except
that I am particularly bad at fund raising, something I already
knew.

Laura