In a message of Wed, 21 May 2008 13:03:00 BST, "John Pinner" writes:
>We are booking the venue for EP2009 in Birmingham, UK. We have to do
>this soon as the venues get booked up rather earlier than in Vilnius!
>
>Traditionally EuroPython is held one week in July, Monday to
>Wednesday.  Tradition has more to do with cheapness (Universities
>having vacations) than anything else.
>
>Another option would be to have EP in September, over a weekend, for
>example Friday to Sunday.
>
>There would be no difference in cost.
>
>Please give us your opinion...
>
>Thanks,
>
>John
>--
>John Pinner

Ah, its not 'Monday to Wednesday'.  Those are only the times
when we have the talks.  But the days of sprinting are very much
part of Europython.  So I don't think that a weekend is going to
be long enough.

I'd be happier if Europython was in September, rather than July.

Is getting a week in September an option?

Laura