Alternatively there is a shuttle bus from the airport to the Firenze
SMN station [1]. From there you could either walk or take a bus. I
will probably try line 23A tomorrow and jump off at ZECCA VECCHIA.
Curious how this will work out this year :-)

[1]
http://www.ataf.net/en/timetables-and-routes/timetables-and-routes/volainbus---airport-shuttle.aspx?idC=710&LN=en-US