  3) Re: It's Dead, Jim (long) (part II)
        by "Roy LeMeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Cheap LCD Voltmeters?
        by "Roy LeMeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: It's Dead, Jim (long) (part II)
        by Rich Rudman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Rudman Barbecue
        by Rich Rudman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: [Fwd: Link to Rod's front page article]
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Tango
        by "Jon \"Sheer\" Pullen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) NEDRA Sacramento Event Covered by TechTV
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 10) T-105 or simular being retired in the San Francisco Bay area?
 11) Re: It's Dead, Jim (long) (part II)
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 12) Re: Needing A Couple of Powercheqs
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: T-105 or simular being retired in the San Francisco Bay area?
        by Bruce EVangel Parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) rebuild chronicle on the web
        by David Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) More Duh.
 16) RE: NEDRA Sacramento Event Covered by TechTV
        by "Walker, Lesley R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Tango
        by "Walker, Lesley R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) There's no stopping now!
        by Richard Bebbington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: It's Dead, Jim (long) (part II)
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Public EV charging
        by Bruce EVangel Parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Sacramento NEDRA EVent this Saturday...
        by Bruce EVangel Parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: There's no stopping now!
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Prestolite RPM working speed and RPM limits
        by Roger Daisley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) ev's in Adelaide
        by "Wayne Pannowitch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Measuring voltage during charging
        by "Chuck Hursch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Drill Press Fun (was Re: It's Dead, Jim (long) (part II))
        by "David McAlister" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Dual motors, wierd controller(s)
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- Begin Message --- Let me look at what my Blaupunkt and Jensen pricing is on Wednesday, and I'll get back to you.

-Sam
On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 07:23 PM, Lawrence Rhodes wrote:

I am ready to pop a sound system and alarm in my Aspire and I noticed that
Radio Shack my favorite source for alarms no longer sells them nor any car
audio. I found some Pioneer TS-G1345 that go down to 40 cycles per second
for only 39 bucks. I didn't want to put in a subwoofer but I could. I also
found a Power Acoustik VX5203 but it seems to be 4" deep(won't fit in the
doors) but (couldn't believe it) only 19 bucks a pair. I wanted to put in
an Alpine because of the good FM tuner. I am trying to do this on the cheap
and keep the alarm and stereo price at about $250. I 'm sure John W. would
sneer at it but I have been happy with systems like this in the past and I'm
sure it will be good enough for now. Anybody found good deals in car stereo
lately. It's been years since I have done anything with it and things have
changed. Lawrence Rhodes...

Hello to All,

Geoff Shepherd wrote:

> (continued from "Rubber-burnin', Fuse-poppin', Clean-Meanin' Machine!")
>
> In a previous episode, our Blue Meanie test pilot found himself "stranded"
> in a mall parking lot on a beautiful crisp autumn afternoon in Portland, not
> far from the Wayland EV Juice Bar. ...There is
> something just inspiring about driving a silent and clean EV through a quiet
> neighborhood in crisp fall weather. Nothing says autumn like the sent of
> falling leaves, woodstoves, and tire smoke.

As always, I loved having my close friend Geoff down for the day...we had a great time,
the three of us. I too, love Fall weather, and for some reason, driving my trusty EV
friend of 22 years now, on, as Geoff says, a crisp Fall day, is the absolute best! One
of
the reasons I enjoy living in the Pacific Northwest, is that we have four distinct
seasons, and though I find things to look forward to and enjoy about each of them,
Fall is
definitely my favorite one. Blue Meanie's royal blue with violet pearl paint looks
especially nice against the backdrop of the orange, gold, and yellow Fall leaves.

I know others my not share my love of the old classic Datsuns I enjoy so much, but one
that was a hot topic, now seven years ago on this list (wow, how time flies), was my
'66
Datsun minitruck project 'Purple Phaze'. This is not to be confused with my '67 Datsun
minitruck project 'Baby Blue' now owned by Portland EVer John Tuss. Anyway....the '66
was
to be a very special, very unique soundoff electric show truck with so many mind
blowing
features it would be sure to garner magazine attention. The list went like this:

(1) The uniqueness of a mint condition (after extensive restoration), super cool
looking
'66 Datsun minitruck.
(2) The uniqueness of an electric powered, mint condition, rare '66 Datsun minitruck.
(3) A complete change-over from a front engine, clutch and tranny, driveshaft to the
back,
rear wheel drive platform, to a rear engine, direct setup with the electric motor
working
into a backwards-facing rear end.
(4) When someone should ask, "what do ya have under the hood?"...the answer I'd give
was
to be "A V8!"....because this truck had a planned V8 subwoofer! Yes, that's right,
eight 8
inch subs clearly visible under thick Plexiglas 'valve covers' that would be a soundoff
EVent treat to watch pumping away.
(5) Custom 'Jam'n Salmon' license plates 'V8 BASS'
(6) A genuine '56 Ford, real metal, large and chromed V8 emblem floating in the clear
plexiglas of the subwoofer.
(7) With full sponsorship from autosound giant MB Quart, the interior of the truck was
have a killer front stage setup.
(8 Of course, a tilt bed to show off batteries and other EV goodies.
(9) Exotic 7 inch round headlamps (today's models would have HID H4 bulbs) with custom
sequential amber LED's for turn signals, LEDS for sidelights and running and braking
lights.
(10) The list went on...........

Well, that was back then, but unfortunately, things kind of fizzled out, and this was
the
one project I, regretfully, never completed. Still, Every now and then, I have been
stumbling across those custom, limited availability Salmon plates I acquired and paid
for
'V8 BASS', as they seemed to taunt me. After Frank the Metal God and I had gone to all
the
effort to rework the rear frame section, cut away the tranny tunnel, build a flat cab
floor and a custom firewall, make battery trays, etc., the truck had gone to an obscure
body shop in the rural country outside Portland, and for reasons too complicated to go
into right now, there it has languished since '95, sitting outside a shop, consumed and
entwined by thorny blackberry vines, and infested with hornets.  In recent years, the
truck had faded away as a vague memory, slowly returning to the earth....so I thought!

Sunday, the truck was delivered to my house, as the shop owners had decided to clean up
their acreage and had figured that enough time had gone by....it's a long story.
Yesterday, I took the time to open it up to allow the bees to vacate their mobile home,
and worked at clipping away what was left of the vegetation that had grown in and
around
the body parts. Surprisingly, it's not all that bad. I put a few bolts in to secure the
bed to the frame. and for the first time, mounted the cherry condition Datsun tailgate
had purchased back in '95 from a wrecking yard...suddenly, the truck was beginning to
look
'OK'....hmmmm....I looked around the Wayland EV shop (actually, upstairs in the attic)
and
found the metal dash panel, the metal glove box door, the brand new, sealed in plastic
wrap but no longer available rubber door seals, brand new, sealed in plastic wrap but
no
longer available aluminum door threshold moldings, and that super rare, new, sealed in
plastic wrap but no longer available stainless steel grill for a '66 only Datsun
minitruck....hhmmmm.

Maybe it's time to finish this thing!

See Ya.......John Wayland

Geoff Shepherd wrote:

(continued from "Rubber-burnin', Fuse-poppin', Clean-Meanin' Machine!")

In a previous episode, our Blue Meanie test pilot found himself "stranded"
in a mall parking lot on a beautiful crisp autumn afternoon in Portland, not
far from the Wayland EV Juice Bar. ...There is
something just inspiring about driving a silent and clean EV through a quiet
neighborhood in crisp fall weather. Nothing says autumn like the sent of
falling leaves, woodstoves, and tire smoke.

Too Funny! Great story Geoff! You are giving Plasma Boy some competition in the storytelling department :^D

Roy LeMeur Seattle WA

My Electric Vehicle Pages:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/renewables/evpage.html

Informational Electric Vehicle Links:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/renewables/evlinks.html

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Thanks to everyone who has given advice on this subject and for all the links to meters and parts.

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp
Geoff Shepherd wrote:

> I enjoyed another test-pilot drive around the proverbial block. There is
> something just inspiring about driving a silent and clean EV through a quiet
> neighborhood in crisp fall weather. Nothing says autumn like the sent of
> falling leaves, woodstoves, and tire smoke.
>
> --
> Geoff Shepherd
> '98 Factory Ford Ranger EV
> '00 Honda Insight

AMen to that Brother!!!

--
Rich Rudman
Manzanita Micro
Lawrence Rhodes wrote:

> Well there is one disadvantage of breaking the pack in the middle when using
> the cable and a wire to connect a Rudman Reg when the battery is on the
> other side of the breaker.  Looks like I have to use two dedicated wires.
> When the main power is turned off 116v goes through it.  I thought the
> breaker was sticking.  Usually when that happens I turn something on and it
> breaks the circuit.  WRONG.   The 16 gauge wire was even enough to run the
> lights and move the car with the Ebrake on, as well as toast the reg.  It
> might still work haven't checked it yet.  Put 132v through another one(MK I)
> and it smoked but still worked afterword.  Now this is a MK I.  I thought
> the MK II just didn't have enough capacity because it was blowing fuses.
> DUH.  I noticed the 116v before and tried to figure it out.  Then it went
> away.  DUH.  I even watched the fuses melt.  DUH.   Lawrence
> Rhodes....Electricity will find a way to complete a
> circuit..............Just find a stupid guy.........Keep one hand in your
> pocket.....

Umm so the Lawrence R. box is getting some additional installments....
Boy you are VERY resourcefull in Killing Regs....
I HATE those 8 volt Delphi's batteries, every one who has used them has
broken Regs and batteries.

--
Rich Rudman
Manzanita Micro
www.manzanitamicro.com
1-360-297-7383,Cell 1-360-620-6266
Hi Rod and all, The scooter in the picture is the E-36 Rad2Go "Great White".
It is a 36 volt import with an 800 watt PM motor. From what I can tell from
seat of the pants testing is that it is one of the most effiecient PM motors
I've seen aside from LEMCOs and Eteks. I'm around 200 pounds and this little
unit will haul me up any hill in Port Townsend and hardly warm up. I'm
totally amazed! I'm going to try to get just the motors to add to the store
for people who want to do bicycles and electrathon stuff affordably. As for
the article, the press has a habit of miss quotes and half quotes. For
instance, the article quoted me as saying I am a consevative radical. Well
that loses the entire meaning of the real quote which was: "I consider
myself as a consevative radical as opposed to being a radical conservative"
;-) They also called EVs electronic vehicles. Well I guess since PWM
controllers have come out they kind of are electronic in one sense. In the
final paragraph it says: " I believe we live in a fat culture...." which
should have read: " I believe we live in a fad culture...." Oh well, all in
all it was more awareness of EVs.

Roderick

 Roderick Wilde,  President,  EV Parts Inc.
         Your Online EV Superstore
               www.evparts.com
        1-888-EV Parts (387-2787)
Phone: 425-672-7977  Fax: 425-672-7907