  1) Re: Bradley EV
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Asking for witnesses (was: Which Nedra class? )
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Peugeot 206 + 15kW Siemens (copy, with US units)
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Bradley EV
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Siemens EV Motors
        by Shawn Rutledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: World Solar Challenge, Comments
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Which Nedra class?
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Siemens EV Motors
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: World Solar Challenge, - Patents
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Asking for witnesses (was: Which Nedra class? )
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Siemens EV Motors
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Adjustable timing 8-inch motor - correction and photos
        by "Mark Thomasson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: White Zombie Electrifies PIR ...12.424 @ 103.57 mph!
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Bought Tires, got a funny coupon in the mail.
        by Ricky Suiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Which Nedra class?
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Battery pack circuit breakers
        by Kluge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Battery pack circuit breakers
        by "Phil Marino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: 87 s10 bought last nite at Speedworld
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Shortened drive motor
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Which Nedra class?
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
               Hi Chris and All,

Chris Buresh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is anyone familiar with the Bradley kit cars made in MN in the 70s?

           Yes.

 Did they make turnkey EV versions?

            Yes

I've found one for sale and would like to know if the list has any historical
knowledge of the quality and basic designs of these cars.

           It varies from very good to bad and depends on how well it was cared
for as they are about 25-30 yrs old.

          But I have seen a couple very nice ones but check it out well before
you buy. they are hard to get into and tend to leak unless well done.

          Melbourne High School, Fla has a very good one they display amoung
others.

                                    HTH's,

                                        Jerry Dycus

--
Chris Buresh
St. Paul, MN

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good

The problem is, the tale that Dennis is telling (to everyone that will listen) is a fabrication made of whole cloth.

Please keep this personal beef off the EVDL! We already have a reputation as a community for infighting, and you are furthering that stereotype. This is an informational forum, not a soapbox for public attacks and accusations.

Please keep this in PRIVATE EMAIL or feel free to vent in the soapbox forum that was set up for this kind of poo flinging:

-Ken Trough
Admin - V is for Voltage Magazine
http://visforvoltage.com
AIM - ktrough
FAX/voice message - 206-339-VOLT (8658)

Osmo, 1LH5118 is synchronous PM motor, not induction one. While having
the same power, peak torque may not be as much as for induction
motors. If you get me basic specs on your 206, I'll simulate performance
for you and can tell you exactly what it will be (for 18 kW induction
motor) so you can estimate performance for 15 kW synchronous one.

Victor

Don Cameron wrote:
Osmo, the New Beetle accelerates 0-50kmh in under 6 seconds on the flats.
It weighs 1700kg loaded and has a Siemens 5133 that is 30kW nominal and 78kw
peak, with the Simovert short controller.

The New Beetle has reasonable acceleration up hills.  If I could do it
again, I would convert a lighter vehicle.  Less power required for
acceleration and hill climbing.

When I was trying to determine a motor/controller combination for the New
Beetle, Victor recommended the 5105WS12 which is a smaller 18kW rated motor.
He indicated that any of the motors will put out the max power of the
inverter.  The larger size motor is needed for longer hills.  I have two
such particular hills in my area and am pleased with the combination I have
purchased.

Maybe Victor can comment.

Don

Victoria, BC, Canada
See the New Beetle EV Conversion Web Site at
www.cameronsoftware.com/ev/

From: Kluge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Battery pack circuit breakers
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:31:48 -0700

Kilowatt wrote:

> **I agree,I got spoiled driving my ranger ev but it was far from a 99mph vech.

Were the motors in it 99+mph capable in the 1/4 if it had an inverter
upgrade and AGM's or some other battery?

Jim,
I like your ideas. This has stirred a thought in my head If I eliminate the internal fan in my motor I could shorten the housing accordingly. The only problem I see with this is the holes that were the outlet for the fan before will be eliminated. So I would drill some new holes to let the air out to cool the motor. Would I be screwing up the magnetic lines of force from the fields if I were to drill holes in the case between the field windings.
Thanks for any input.
Mike G.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Hey, come on guys if you keep this up I won't have time to watch Jerry Springer this week. Then again, instead of taking it offline, perhaps someone oughta give Jerry a call :-)

damon