        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: 180 V Circuit Breaker
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Any life in old forklift nicads?
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Any life in old forklift nicads?
        by "Tim Stephenson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) 6 Volt AGM battery
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC (CVN75 IM3)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Lawless Industries "Zero" Mower to take on world's best at
Internatioanl Lawn, Garden, & Power Equipment Expo next week
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Battery Equaliser
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC (CVN75 IM3)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Any life in old forklift nicads?
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Albright contactor
        by "Robert Chew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Those Allbright contactors
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: 180 V Circuit Breaker
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Bracket Racing White Zombie to a 12.151 @ 106.25 mph World Record!
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Bracket Racing White Zombie to a 12.151 @ 106.25 mph World Record!
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- That Capstone microturbine C30HEV with built-in generator and controller at 29KW of electricity would do it, but I don't know how "thrifty" it would be to find one in working condition.
http://www.capstoneturbine.com/Documents/C30hev.pdf

As noted, there seem to be popping up from scrapped buses but they're often being left outdoors in poor conditions and might not work reliably.

At a specific fuel consumption of 0.56 lb/hp-hr it's pretty impressive when we're talking about electrical hp output, not just mechanical shaft power.

I still want one. With the proper inverter electronics that thing would be a kick-ass generator for 120vac and 220vac at remote sites as well as being able to power a vehicle.

Danny

Lawrence Rhodes wrote:

All you charger guys. What should I use to give me 150 amps at 144vdc continous? I'm not sure weather to use propane or biodiesel. Those are my two favorite fuels. I've given up on CNG. Tanks are too big. What is durable & thrifty? Thanks for any info.
Lawrence Rhodes

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Ah, it's a good day when a man's charging capabilities are limited by his household's available power instead of his battery charger. Although, with that much power on hand, why waste it heating your shop? Get a big extension cord and take Goldie for a spin :) Set some NEDRA records for fastest grid-powered EV. Bob Rice would probably challenge that, but locomotives are rather difficult to drag race...

Yea... a pile of Nichrome Glowing hot... I have to get some shots of
the shop at night with the 75K clocking at 1/2 snort.

This is real close to 3 Bucks a hour of Grid power.

The whole shop was jumping up about 1.5 Degrees a minute.

Clearly the power stage is hanging in there.

The power bench marks are falling one by one....

Madman is having a good time in R&D....

Hi John,

I think it has been commented before that the street tires of
White Zombie are wrinkling on the first bite on taking off,
as can be seen in the video that starts with the sparking
brush, followed by a good take-off.
What struck me when looking frame for frame was that the first
movement of the car appeared to be the left rear wheel shooting
forward by more than an inch (the right rear wheel changes angle,
but not position) followed by the right rear wheel biting and
shooting forward too, including wrinkling.

It seems that the power from the motor gets to the left rear
wheel earlier than to the right side one, I cannot explain
why one side would not move while the other is already more
than one inch ahead.
Has this effect been noticed on other videos?

Regards,

Cor van de Water
Systems Architect
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
Skype: cor_van_de_water    IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:   +1 408 542 5225     VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
Fax:   +1 408 731 3673     eFAX: +31-84-717-9972
Proxim Wireless Networks   eFAX: +1-501-641-8576
Take your network further  http://www.proxim.com