  1) Re: AC vs. DC
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: RAV, Insight motors, was: Vectrix
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: AC vs. DC
        by Nick Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Subaru as a donor
        by John Norton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Fw: Vectrix
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: $67K for a RAV4 EV?!
        by John Norton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: $67K for a RAV4 EV?!
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Fw: Vectrix
        by "Michael Neverdosky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: $67K for a RAV4 EV?!
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Fw: Vectrix
        by "Michael Neverdosky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: AC vs. DC
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Fw: Vectrix
        by Mark Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Fw: Vectrix
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: AC vs. DC
        by "Michael Neverdosky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: AC vs. DC
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: EV / Hybrid Question
        by "Jonathan Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: $67K for a RAV4 EV?!
        by John Norton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Fw: Vectrix
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) New RUSSCO website (WAS Re: Otmars new home)
        by "Chuck Hursch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: AC vs. DC
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Victor Tikhonov wrote:

Regen and high RPM range basically come for free. In fact you'd pay
extra to design an AC controller with fundamentally disabled regen.

Nothing is "free". Regen adds twice the power semiconductors, and
doubles the amount of control logic.

Really? News to me. So the inverter with regen needs 12 IGBTs
and without regen - 6?

Regen adds software overhead. Drivers just turn on and off
power stage transistors, regen or no regen.

It's like saying a light bulb for DC current must be cheaper
than one for AC AND DC. No, the universal is cheaper, working on AC
is natural for a light bulb - it will be more expensive to
produce a light bulb working only on DC or only AC.

> Higher rpm requires more expensive
> bearings, stronger rotors, and better balancing.

Higher RPM has nothing to do with ability to regen Lee.
Balancing better of course cost more, but this is not
AC vs DC comparison - any motor for *given* RPM requires
*that* much balancing.

I can't speak about milk float in details, i'm only aware of them by people
mouth and internet pages like this one:

http://www.milkfloats.org.uk/

UK friends may explain milk float history/technics better than i :^)

For French made EV cars which use Leroy-somer 120V sep-ex motors, i'm
talking as an owner which make all servicing himself:

Citroen Saxo electric
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/452.html

Peugeot 106 electric
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/329

Renault rapid (called "Express" here)
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/331

Renault Clio (still not on the EValbum but i will make this soon Mike ;^)
http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/images/ClioAvD.jpg

you can read 11 000 EV number in europe here (was arround 8000 for France
but some are being exported to germany and nordic countries):
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cicommunication.com%2Ffr%2Fdetails_communique.asp%3Fnum_communique%3D684&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

cordialement,
Philippe

Et si le pot d'échappement sortait au centre du volant ?
quel carburant choisiriez-vous ?
 http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
Forum de discussion sur les véhicules électriques
http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php

#61)

http://www.foveal.com/ATdS_Report_1995.txt

Photos:

http://www.nesea.org/transportation/99atds/photos/mvc-234e.jpg
http://www.automorrow.com/images/events/tds2001/image/61b.jpg
http://dodd.senate.gov/events/00/0518.jpg
http://www.automorrow.com/images/events/tds2001/preview/61a.jpg

Bottom line, doing long range with lead acid batteries is
possible. How much time are you willing to spend on body
modifications and how much are you willing to sacrifice
performance for range? How gentle are you willing to drive?
Are you willing to accept the possibility it may not work
depending on your donor vehicle, even if it has worked in
the past on various types of vehicles?

Or alternatively, how much money are you going to spend on
advanced batteries if you aren't willing to use lead acid?