  1) Re: Motor mounts or hard bolted to frame (ecobra)
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: 1991 G-Van on Ebay, in Mesa, AZ
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3) RE: S10 model curb weight(s)
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Trust GM to give you the facts about EV1
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) It drives! (again)
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Creusen, mfgr of 9.2Kw 120v DC brushless motors etc
        by Lock Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: S10 model curb weight(s)
        by "Pestka, Dennis J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: Aluminium battery 3000 cycles - please no oilys!!!
        by "Tim Ireland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: S10 model curb weight(s)
        by Mike Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: It drives! (again)
        by Mike Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Creusen, mfgr of 9.2Kw 120v DC brushless motors etc
        by Mike Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Solectria Force
        by Mike Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Aluminium battery 3000 cycles - please no oilys!!!
        by "Evan Tuer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- I've been doing some unrelated work where I cast parts out of high shore (90) urethane. Man this stuff comes out hard and strong. Actually I had a weight-critical issue where I needed it to be even stiffer and added about 10% glass fibers. Lowered the elongation but yeah it got more rigid but could still flex without damage.

That's PMC-790 from Smooth-On. They sell all sorts of grades. It's just two-part stuff, but you do need a small vacuum chamber to take the bubbles out first.

Danny

Jeff Shanab wrote:

Errr, kinda both?

Road shock and vibration should be dampened or things may break. Use
firm mounts like urethene. But due to the torque and the obvious
acceleration and deceleration tendancy of such a conversion. a pair of
radius rods with rod ends, ie no play can be used to eliminate torque
loss. If they are parallel, they will still allow updown movement to
bumps and some lifting on torque so as not to break.

Thanks Cor,

Of course this seller is relatively clueless as to the real history of these
vans, but not unusual. Might make a good project for someone as long as the
controller isn't toast.

This reminds me that I have to get over to Mesa and retrieve my Chloride
offboard charger we loaned to Bill Mulgrew for his G-van. Keep forgetting, or
maybe just putting it off. Then again it weighs around 350lbs and its been
around 110 deg here lately. Whew! David Chapman.

Quoting Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> 9 passenger GMC van.
>
> Pulled batteries, they were a bit BbbbBbbBBbbb-ulging....
> Spare drive motor, 216V DC system, factory conversion.

FastQ Communications
Providing Innovative Internet Solutions Since 1993

Hi Mike,

The local Sunnyvale "dump" called SMaRT-station:
http://www.sunnyvale.ca.gov/Departments/Public+Works/Solid+Waste+and+Recycli
ng/SMaRT+Station/

>From 101 take Lawrence north (or if you are coming from Mountain view side
then get off at Mathilda north, past the Lockheed facilities, this
road becomes Caribbean, make a left at Borregas and bear right to Carl)
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=301+Carl&csz=Sunnyvale+CA
It is really as close to the bay as you can get on public roads.

Following Lawrence north you pass under 237 and the name changes to
Caribbean. Make a right at Borregas and bear right onto Carl.
The scales are at both sides of the street, open 24/7 and it is free
as long as you do not need paperwork (you need to write down your weight
from the LED display next to the scale).
Accuracy is in 20 lbs steps if I recall correctly.

I think there are also scales alongside 880, but they are often closed
and I do not recall where they are exactly, so I do not know if they
are closer to your place.

Cor van de Water
Systems Architect
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
Skype: cor_van_de_water    IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:   +1 408 542 5225     VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
Fax:   +1 408 731 3675     eFAX: +31-87-784-1130
Proxim Wireless Networks   eFAX: +1-610-423-5743
Take your network further  http://www.proxim.com