  1) Re: Grants,  Re: Plug in Hybrid retro fits for Prius, Escape wanted
 for NY state fleet.
        by Joel Hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) What does it take to convert a truck?
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) opinion on charger
        by "jmygann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) more stopping power? no vacuum
        by "Jim Lockwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: My ICE Costs
        by "Ryan Plut" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: more stopping power? no vacuum
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: more stopping power? no vacuum
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: My ICE Costs
        by "Ryan Plut" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: My ICE Costs
        by "Ryan Plut" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: My ICE Costs
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: more stopping power? no vacuum
        by "BFRListmail" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: My ICE Costs
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Bye for now
        by "Ryan Plut" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) UNSUBSCRIBE EV Ryan Plut
        by "Ryan Plut" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: My ICE Costs
        by "Ryan Plut" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: What does it take to convert a truck?
        by "Tom Shay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) DR. IRIS OVSHINSKY, ECD OVONICS CO-FOUNDER, VICE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR,
DIES
        by "Dave Davidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: converting a Holden Combo / Barina
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Range calculation
If you search the document, nobody ever mentioned a PFC40.
I think they meant, since it was an overnight plugin, that
you might be able to develop a low-power solution that was
power factor corrected (Like your other chargers) that you
could mass produce and sell for pennies on the dollar compared
to some of your higher end chargers...

I.E. mabye a PFC2  or a PFC3 ???

Rich Rudman wrote:

Cheaper PFC40HM..???

I don't think so....
The meter and the thermal spreader and the 40 amp breakers and the #6 gage
wire from end to end...
Doesn't make for cheaper anything.
This charger is one serious chunk of gear.. it's the heart of PHEV power
processor and the trick high speed grid feed charger.

This enables 20 minute recharges... a key feature for REAL world useable
EVs.

We could use a few 100 unit orders to get the price down... But that's still
in the future.

Rich Rudman
Manzanita Micro

----- Original Message ----- From: "jerryd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rich Rudman" <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Plug in Hybrid retro fits for Prius, Escape
wanted for NY state fleet.
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:59:17 -0000

What a kickass project that could be for real money too.

With politics pushed aside, do you think you could keep up
with demand? "We need 8 units for beta, in 3 weeks!" kind
of stuff.

Man, I'm so looking for a better job than I have now and
this would be
it. Dream on...

Mike

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Rich Rudman"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes I would love to have the 10Megga bucks from the
Empire State.
My guess is the big money guys have already made the

phone calls and locked

it down..

Meanwhile... I have a Bunch of PiPrius kits to make and I

have PiPrius #0

in the Back of my Escape.. Right now..
So.. I am rather serious about getting a PiEscape running

in my hands. I've

had it for just over 30 days and I have 2500 miles on it.
She's called Sage. Clearly I didn't name her..... My
Redhead did.
I drove the Kit over to Wenatchee, then made a panic Run
to Portland yesterday for 6 ...year 6 PFC chassis.. I had

$24,000 worth of product in a

$30K Hybrid... So.. I
know how the Rig drives in traffic. Not bad at all.
The only warning is... I have it Gravity installed.. so
no big brakes or smokey burn off!!!
Yes Campers... a Escape Hybrid will smoke the front

tires... at will with

practice.   Hint...why do you think I got a 2 wheel drive
version?? It's looking like the Nav/ 6 CD changer and

power flow and gas mileage unit

is a factory installed feature only. And you just can't

get on on a 2 wheel

drive.
Bummer... I might have to actually make a wire harness...
   So warning if  you want the Escape with the Nav and

Hybrid display...

Force them to order it, or suffer with the added cost of

leather seat$, 4

wheel drive , Moon roof. All th atYuppie Bling, just to

get the display that

should  standard on all Hybrid Fords. Hey Bill Ford...

Toyota Does it!!... I

want mine and am willing to pay a grand over it's cost to

have it installed.

No dice...nobody can find one or dare install one.

Great... more work for

Madman.

I have the PDF of the NY State Bid.
I am not interested in handling it solo. I am hoping

somebody else contracts

me to make the Kits, I don't want the politics and
hassle. I won't get it I am too much into REAL

production.. those that get it will

suck enormous funds and deliver.. What...??

We will see what happens.. I want to keep all my options
open
And As far as New York State is concerned.. I don't need

10 Mill...I will

have it designed and operating before they accept the Bid

, With my own funds

and customers.
That 10 Mill is just going to bring out the Shisters and

Goverment fed con

artists.
It's Not for me.

Hey I have been telling folks everywhere, now is not the

time for R&D.. it's

time for production.

Rich Rudman
Manzanita Micro