  1) RE: Four LiFePo4 cells from batteryspace can work as a lead-acid
        replacement
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: [EV] RE: Kilovac EV-200 as safety disconnect?
        by Eduardo Kaftanski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: Kilovac EV-200 as safety disconnect?
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: [EV] RE: Kilovac EV-200 as safety disconnect?
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Chevy Metro Weight
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Thundersky batteries again...
        by "Tim Gamber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: My next EV project, or Paul goes Datsun
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Safety Disconnect
        by Tom Gocze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Portland Roadster Show Photos up
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Thundersky batteries again...
        by "Peter Gabrielsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Chevy Metro Weight
        by Ian Page-Echols <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Chevy Metro Weight
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) BattEQ balancers test results was Re: Battery Woes
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Thundersky batteries again...
        by "Tim Gamber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: My next EV project, or Paul goes Datsun
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Portland Roadster Show Photos up
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: wheel hub motor
        by "FRED JEANETTE MERTENS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Safety Disconnect
        by "FRED JEANETTE MERTENS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) RE: Chevy Metro Weight - and your BLDC motor
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Kilovac EV-200 as safety disconnect?
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Need advice on Lee Hart's batt-bridge circuit
        by Nick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
What, a 9000Ah cell?

Is there a 3V racing class?

Cor van de Water
Systems Architect
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
Skype: cor_van_de_water     IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: +1 408 542 5225    VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
Fax: +1 408 731 3675    eFAX: +31-87-784-1130
Second Life: www.secondlife.com/?u=3b42cb3f4ae249319edb487991c30acb

From: "Peter Gabrielsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: Thundersky batteries again...
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:29:48 -0800

--
www.electric-lemon.com

Paul G. wrote:

> After a successful search for just the right donor car I
> have my next EV project, a 1966 Datsun 411 wagon.

> I put up a quickie page with links to some photos of it at:
>
> <http://paul-g.home.comcast.net/next.htm>.

Cool project choice!  In all honesty, when I clicked on the link to see
the first EV part installed, I fully expected to see a picture of the
nut behind the wheel ;^>

I drove a '74 B210 during high school, after the rear end went on the
prior owner.  Even with the absolutely gripless BFG tires I was running,
I managed to go through another rear end in short order.  While there
are enough years separating this car from yours that the similarity
between them may be slight, my experience would lead me to doubt the
stock differential's ability to cope with spirited EV driving.  The
4-speed in my B210 was trouble-free, for what that is worth.

My sedan/wagon of choice from this era would be a Volvo 122, based on
the copious underhood space and the ability of its drivetrain to shrug
off everything I threw at it back in high school ;^>  The 4-link rear
suspension, stock front seatbelts (lap & shoulder), and availability of
4-wheel disks if the front disk/rear drum setup was inadequate are all
bonuses.  I'd take a P1800 wagon over the 122 based purely on looks, but
it didn't come out until the '70s and I don't know that it is as tough
as the 122.

> What I have in mind is a small pack of AGMs and a suitable motor
> feeding the stock 4 speed gearbox (its in great shape.)

> The under hood area is about 24 inches by 24 inches and
> naturally not all of it is available for batteries (mostly
> the master cylinder cuts into it a little.) In the back,
> where the spare tire sits now with the fuel tank underneath,
> I can create a space around 29 inches by 24 inches and keep
> the stock load floor in place.

> I'm targeting a pack voltage between 120 and 156 volts.

This seems ideal for a pack of the group 34 Optimas; the rear box is
just enough space to hold 8 YTs comfortably, leaving just 5 to stuff
under the hood.  The underhood 24"x24" space could hold as many as 6 YTs
(pushing you up to 168V), but with the master cylinder cutting in 5 may
be more realistic.

Is there any hope of putting a couple under the rear seat to keep the
underhood area from getting cluttered (and the front end too heavy)?  5
YTs and an ADC 8" would put close to 350lbs under there.

You didn't mention what your range requirements are.

> Wheel selection is somewhat limited but the bolt pattern and
> required offset is the same as a Geo Metro (4 lug on a 4.5 inch
> pattern, about +38 offset.)

It might not be that bad. The 4x114.3mm pattern (and required offset)
gives you 13x4.5 and 14x5 wheels from the Switft/Metro, or 13x5, 14x6,
and 15x6 from the Honda Accord or '92-on Prelude, 14x6 from the pre-85
Toyota Celica (offset may be a bit lower than desired), or 13x5.5 (Mazda
GLC or pre-'90 323), or 14x5.5 from the 84-88 RX7 GSL/SE or 83-87 626.

The Celica had some nice chrome wheels (OK, maybe not quite as nice as
the mags you suggest on your site ;^), and probably some of these other
cars did also (or perhaps factory alloy wheels?), which might free up
more cash to spend on the tires while keeping the classic look of the
car.

Tire-wise, I like the Toyo 800 Ultra, and it is available in all 3 sizes
you list (165/80R13, 175/70R14, and 185/65R14).  They worked well on my
'97 Escort wagon and delivered good fuel economy, but I haven't run any
on an EV yet so I can't offer any quantitative rolling resistance
numbers.

Can't wait to see what you build!

--- John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello to All,
>
> Just a quick note to let everyone know that a few of
> the many photos I took from this past weekend's car
> show, are up at the Plasma Boy Racing web page.

Miss Oregon, huh, man I want your life! putz!
You know, I just knew I should have came down, it just
ate at me all weekend long, one of those sixth sence
kind of feelings.  Not because Miss Oregon was there,
but because I know I could have talked her into
putting her tiara on you so I could get that perfect
"electric prinsess" picture for my website, LMAO!!!

I'm so bummed out now.  I could have scored big time
but NOoo I was helping Mother (oh BTW this makes that
seem so much funner, thanks).
I tell you what though I'll use this for years to come
as an excuse to not miss any more of your madass
adventures.  I just had to chime in and say you're one
lucky bastard 8^P  Not in sqeeking into the show by
special invite, or the Plasma screen, or even Miss
Oregon, you got lucky cause I wasn't there to haunt
your world mister.  Anyway I just wanted to let you
know you're breaking my heart here Wayland, freaking
Miss Oregon...

Jim Husted
Motor Dork

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.

[EMAIL PROTECTED],com<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED],com>  represents a company In
the uk I believe that sells hub motors  . if I remember correctly they have
several sizes . she is cc ed on this e mail so if I goofed she can email me
and I will let you guys know if you are interested  you can email her