  1) RE: Two 9's vs one 11" and other motor ramblings
        by MIKE WILLMON <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: aluminum wire for EVs?
        by Marcin Ciosek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Motor Adapter plate
        by MIKE WILLMON <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: High Speed Electrical Winch (Wakeskating, Surfing)
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Still the plasma King, a Siamese8 update
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Motor Adapter plate
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Battery - Fuel Cell Hybrid Idea
        by Mark Freidberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: Thundersky
        by Stephen Brawner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Last choice is TL EV was Careful!! Re: Prius project
        by Tony Hwang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Thundersky
        by Stephen Brawner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Still the plasma King, a Siamese8 update
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Battery - Fuel Cell Hybrid Idea
        by Tony Hwang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: High Speed Electric Winch
        by Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Still the plasma King, a Siamese8 update
        by "Marty Hewes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Still the plasma King, a Siamese8 update
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Motor Adapter plate
        by Rich Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Thundersky
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 18) Re: Still the plasma King, a Siamese8 update
        by "Marty Hewes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Thundersky
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 20) Re: Modular Equalization?
        by Mark Freidberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Motor Adapter plate, accurate measurements
        by "Christopher Robison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
>Jim Husted wrote: <
>
> Actually Wayland was just here yesterday, so I sent
> him home with Willmons 9's LMAO!

Heh, heh, I'd like to see him fit them in the Dautsun when even the two 8's had
to be shoehorned before the siamesing surgery.

I see my last e-mail still hasn't made it to the list yet but one piece of
input I had on the whole two 9's or one 11" thing was that with an 11" the
added weight of the 2-speed tranny or custom gearbox is going to outweigh the
coupler and switching contactors.  The other good point you and Rod mentioned
was the added comm area,... I just wanted to point out too that its been proven
a benefit of the two (anythings) is that if you zorch a set of brushes on one
motor, you can still get 30 miles or so on the other one ;-P  bobble bobble.

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

Sure, you can use aluminum but to compensate lower conductivity you need to
increase wire thickness. I use factor of 1.4 to for replacing copper with
aluminum. If you use to thin wire you will loose some of energy on heat.

Marcin

And for your location Tehben, $150 will certainly not cover it.  After my first
plate didn't fit because of a mix up between the 2WD version that was in their
library and the 4WD version that was on my truck, I actually built a detailed
drawing and sent to them.  After the long wait two times, I got my plate and it
did fit snugly.  Almost too snugly.  In fact I have on occasion mentioned to
them that to use my drawing for a template in their library for a Mitsubishi
KM145 transmission for a 4WD MightyMax that they need to move each of the two
holes with the pilot bushings outboard by .005" each.  ( the error was most
likely in my measurements on centering the holes on the input shaft since it
wobles a bit when unsupported.)

A few pushes with the round file fixed the problem and the thing fits tight and
is actually centered.  No vibrations no wobbles whatsoever.

I know it doesn't seem like it when you are waiting, or even still for the next
few months.  But after a year of driving it now I'm happy with it and still
glad I bought it from them.

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:21:34 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Motor Adapter plate, accurate measurements
From: "Christopher Robison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu

On Thu, June 7, 2007 4:23 pm, MIKE WILLMON wrote:
> by .005" each.  ( the error was most likely in my measurements on
> centering the holes on the input shaft since it wobles a bit when
> unsupported.)

Mike, how did you make this measurement?

What's the most common way of doing it, with say a couple thousandths'
accuracy?

I was excited to see something like the Brown and Sharpe Centerline Plus kit:

http://tinyurl.com/24zv2p

The cone points would allow you to measure the distance between hole
centers, and seems ideal when paired with a long digital caliper for
measuring the hole spacing on a transmission or engine.  Trouble is,
they're only a half inch in diameter -- not big enough. And, I can't find
any other product like this anywhere.

Also, I've been told that the cumulative error in measurements would add
up excessively, when triangulating the hole positions in CAD software.
(These were seasoned and accuracy-paranoid machinists, who also told me I
should measure the engine instead of the "soft, flexible" aluminum
bellhousing, and I should measure at least a half dozen identical engines
to average against manufacturing variations.)

The measurement step seems like the hardest part of making an adapter
plate, and certainly makes EA and the specialized tools they claim to have
seem a tempting option. If you're really going to do it yourself though
and you want a fairly accurate measurement, how do you go about it?

--
Christopher Robison
[EMAIL PROTECTED]