  1) Re: Doers vs talkers, was Otmar is getting rich?
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: EV count
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: EV count
        by "Myles Twete" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Doers vs talkers, was Otmar is getting rich?
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Tesla roadster motor philsophy AC vs. DC
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: EVLN(MIT Porsche 914 LiFePO4 EV conversion)
        by "Kaido Kert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: Weights and Mesasures, WAS Tesla Motor thing.
        by "Beth Silverman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) EV Terminology
        by "Edward Ang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Doers vs talkers, was Otmar is getting rich?
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Embarrassing Moments , Was:  EV's are less maintenance?
        by Michael Barkley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Quick VEVCS poll
        by "Brandon Kruger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Chevy motor adapters
        by "Marty Hewes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Tesla roadster motor philosophy
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: Chevy motor adapters
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Weights and Mesasures, WAS Tesla Motor thing.
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Doers vs talkers, was Otmar is getting rich?
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) full size truck conversion
        by "S. Love" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Doers vs talkers, was Otmar is getting rich?
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: AC/DC thing
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: full size truck conversion
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
with the help of some EEs here) we could hash out a 300V 500A highway capable controller diy plan for less than 500$ worth of parts? maybe even much less. how many would be more inclined to put

We??? What we? With your clear lack of people skills you are going to be working on your own for a long time. Let's see you admit that you know nothing, and claim that you are trying to learn, and your first step is too rant and rave about one of the brightest and most respected people in this community, as if pitching a little hissy fit will influence people to come out of the dark and step into the light you are so joyfulling spreading.

I've got an idea, why don't you try being polite and having some manners. Contribute where you can, don't be afraid to ask questions, and show a little courtesy. This list is a great place to pick up some knowledge for free. You may even find some on the list who would be interested in working together on a lower powered, lower cost controller than a Zilla. Even if you are going it alone, you can start your design and as you come up against problems or decision points you can throw out specific questions to the list and you will get great feedback. Just don't come here, throw a huge fit, launch baseless atacks and expect it to get you anywhere.

Everyone on this list who knows anything about EVs knows what a bargain the Zilla controller is. It's not the price that is the problem, it is the lead time. Otmar refuse to make them fast enough :-)

In fact, it wasn't too long ago that there was a big thread about trying to get Otmar to raise his prices to balance out the supply and demand thingy...

damon

Play games, earn tickets, get cool prizes. Play now–it's FREE! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink1
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Wait a minute... Why does my motorcycle not count. It's freeway capable and I have over 3000 electric miles on it.

damon

From: "Jay Caplan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Bob Bath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Re: EV count
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:41:48 -0500

Thanks, I was wondering about how many EVs (3 or 4 wheeled private licensed
vehicles capable of 40 mph+) driven on a daily or near daily basis there
are, not to include NEV, golf cart, LSEV, public trolleys, trains, buses

I only know of 2 in my area of 1MM+ population. So are there only 500 or so
in the US, by extension?