  1) RE: How the Prius Works
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) RE: Toyota nixes lithium-ion battery for next generation Prius, for now.
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Over-volted ADC: Warranty issue
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: High voltage? was Anyone heard of these Li-Ion batteries - or
 using them?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: New Subscriber
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: What batteries to try next?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: What batteries to try next?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: How the Prius Works
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Over-volted ADC: Warranty issue
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: What batteries to try next?
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: How the Prius Works
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: How the Prius Works
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: How the Prius Works
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 14) RE: How the Prius Works
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: New Subscriber
        by jukka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: How the Prius Works
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: lion testing
        by jukka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
You can find a lot on the web about the power split
Prius design and operation.  Here's one

http://www.cleangreencar.co.nz/page/prius-technical-info

Jeff

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Phil,
>
> I read the wikipedia article and it still sounds
> like what the article
> Jeff sent the link for.  MG1 is the generator hooked
> to a planetary
> gearbox.  It sounds like the are now calling the
> planetary gearbox a
> "differential" now instead.  The wikipedia and the
> ecrostech articles
> don't show pictures of the mechanicals of the
> system.  Does anyone have
> pictures of how MG1 and MG2 connects?  Saying that
> MG1 connects to the
> Sun gear doesn't show HOW it connects.  Does it have
> a gear on the
> outside that MG1 drives?  Does it have clutches like
> the sun gear of an
> automatic have?  I like the mention of MG2 connected
> through the
> driveshaft.  That makes sense since it is
> responsible for the torque.
> It looks like MG1 could be just chained to the ICE
> motor and run only
> when the motor is running.  It would be really nice
> to see one of these
> out of the car so each part could be shown and a
> more detailed operation
> explained.  Personnally I think the ecrostech
> article is much more
> informative.  The wikipedia article is interesting
> but as I understand
> it wikipedia is not the most reliable source of
> information since anyone
> can edit the data.
>
> Jody

 for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

Maybe it turned out to be not as reliable?  Or maybe cost too much to
implement at this time?  I wonder how much increased range the Prius
would get at full electric mode on Lithium Ion.  I think the present
Prius can go 11 miles on electric only.