  1) Re: Another, fairer comparison
        by GWMobile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Plug-in Hybrid Bills in Congress Scare Auto Makers
        by Marc Geller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: powering 12v cooling fan from pack voltage
        by Thomas Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Short Range Battery Pack
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: High Speed Electric Winch
        by trev scribby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: driving cycle standards in USA
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Short Range Battery Pack
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Optimum Brush Advance for Acceleration & top end
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: powering 12v cooling fan from pack voltage
        by =?UTF-8?B?SnVra2EgSsOkcnZpbmVu?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Short Range Battery Pack
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 11) Re: EV digest 6958
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Edward Holsinger)
 12) New guy seeking knowledge
        by Eco Performance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: a little thought problem for the list
        by "Michael Wendell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Electric pt cruiser on eBay Motors: Chrysler : PT Cruiser (item
150141187892 end time Jul-18-07 12:16:10 PDT)
        by GWMobile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Battery Boxes and Heating
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Optimum Brush Advance for Acceleration & top end
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: One question of many
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 18) Re: Efficiency of lead acid batteries
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Battery Boxes and Heating
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) better battery option for AC Geo Metro?
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- Begin Message --- The comparision has been done it the amount of pollutants released for electric car power production is miniscule compared to automotive gas use.

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 7:37 pm, Peter Gabrielsson wrote:
But, for a really fairer comparison, you need to determine how many wh of coal or oil or gas was burned to create the electricity that ended up as
213 wh at your car's wheels.

Bill Dennis

If you want a truly fair comparison you also need to account for how
much energy was spent pumping oil out of the ground, refining it,
transporting it, storing it, and finally pumping it into your prius.

--
www.electric-lemon.com

www.GlobalBoiling.com for daily images about hurricanes, globalwarming and the melting poles.

www.ElectricQuakes.com daily solar and earthquake images.

Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:25:58 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: better battery option for AC Geo Metro?
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu

I'm doing the Azure Dynamics AC kit with a Geo Metro and am wondering if I
could get a more longevity out of a set of AGM batteries vs the standard
flooded lead acid.  I'm planning on using 12X of the 130 AHr Trojans or
USBattery to achieve the required 144V and range I need.  The peak current
on this controller is 150A, and the cruise current should be around 75 A.
This capacity should be sufficient to get me my 36 mile round trip
commute, but will probably only give me a couple years of use (commuting 3
or 4 times per week). The peak current on this controller is 150A. I
realize there is a heavier set of Trojans with thicker plates, but I'm
feeling I don't want to take on that extra weight.  Could I get a little
more cycle life out of a set of AGM batteries?  If so, can anyone
recommend a set which would give me the similar capacity to the 130 AHr
flooded cells?  I would be willing to take on the extra battery management
if I could get much better cycle life from the AGMs.  Also, how
recycleable are the AGM batteries?

Thanks!
Dave