  1) RE: batteries: another increasing range question
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Th!nk - Can it PASS the Crash TEST ??
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: necessity of other gauges (12V and vacuum)
        by "Mark Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: necessity of other gauges (12V and vacuum)
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Battery Problems
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: 4002 vs. ADC 8"
        by Michael Mohlere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: 4002 vs. ADC 8"
        by Michael Mohlere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: 4002 vs. ADC 8"
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: 4002 vs. ADC 8"
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Information needed please.
        by Steven Trovato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Battery Problems
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Zivan (NG2?)
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 13) What will it take to get White Zombie into the 10's?
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Adaptor and Battery Box 4 Sale...
        by "Bart Grabman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: NiMh poor self discharge rate
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: Battery Problems
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: What will it take to get White Zombie into the 10's?
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Zivan (NG2?)
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: What will it take to get White Zombie into the 10's?
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Zivan (NG2?)
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Zivan (NG2?) and AOL...
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 22) Re: What will it take to get White Zombie into the 10's?
        by "Loni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: The final comparison
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 24) Re: What happened at the races????????
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Battery Problems
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: 4002 vs. ADC 8"
        by "R. Matt Milliron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Land of the Midnight Run
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: Dead EV batteries, OK for solar or other uses?
        by "Richard Krog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Re: Dead EV batteries, OK for solar or other uses?
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 30) RE: Mark Fowler's take on the Wayland Invitational
        by Mark Fowler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Dale Ulan wrote:

> The rear suspension arrangement on the old Beetles doesn't help.
> Weight changes will change the rear alignment dramatically on those.

I believe this one was said to be a '74, so it ought to have the IRS
transaxle and not suffer from this.  It likely has problems at the
opposite end, as it probably has the SuperBeetle MacPherson strut front
suspension instead of the torsion "bar" front end.

I believe Neon mentioned his buggy was running the swingaxle transaxle,
and I believe while the alignment might vary more with suspension
travel, this transaxle is likely considerably more efficient.  (They
have a single inboard fulcrum plate joint per axle instead of 2 CV
joints, and both the inboard joint and outboard wheel bearings are lubed
by tranny oil inside the axle housings while the CV joints and wheel
bearings on the IRS drivetrain are lubed with grease.  Everything has
its tradeoffs! ;^)

When ford sold these they were freeway legal and one
would assume that they had passed the crash test then
butt you know about ass u me
--- Zeke Yewdall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you referring to the Th!nk City, or the Th!nk
> Neighbor?

> On 7/17/07, Steven Lough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > The Th1nk EV seems to be gaining some traction,
> with new investors
> > jumping in, according to several sources and news
> briefs.
> >
> >   Does any one know whether the car itself will
> ever pass muster with
> > the US crash-worthy standards ??  Or will it just
> be another 25 mph NEV ??
> > --
> > Steven S. Lough, Pres.
> > Seattle EV Association
> > 6021 32nd Ave. N.E.
> > Seattle,  WA  98115-7230
> > Day:  206 850-8535
> > Eve:  206 524-1351
> > e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > web:     http://www.seattleeva.org

 for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

Well Roger, here you go.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_xouyKpqe9U4/RnP8CH8WfII/AAAAAAAAADM/48c3-MJf0As/s320/vacuum.jpg

My car also monitors transmission fluid temperature, 12v side voltage and total current, as well as inside and outside air temperature. Not really all necessary, but nice features in my opinion.

:-)

Mark Ward
World's first New Generation Saab EV
www.saabrina.blogspot.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:07:06 -0600
From: Mark Fowler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Mark Fowler's take on the Wayland Invitational
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu

Here's the photos and pics from Saturday.
http://frozenfowlers.blogspot.com/2007/07/summer-holiday-quickshot-portl
and-2.html

Not as much silliness, mostly just pictures of cars (that we hear so
much about) and people (so we can put some faces to names on the list)

From: Roy LeMeur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, July 16, 2007 11:04 am
Subject: Mark Fowler's take on the Wayland Invitational
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu