  1) Bench testing the GE EV-1 Controller
        by Steve Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: photos of OJ  and AGNS
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: photos of OJ and AGNS
        by "Evan Tuer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: photos of OJ  and AGNS
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Bench testing the GE EV-1 Controller
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) EV Drag Video on Associate Press website
        by Bill Dube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: photos of OJ  and AGNS
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  8) Re: Neutral Timing is Better for Commuters
  9) Re: Modifying a zilla speed sensor
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Remote State of Charge Display?
        by Todd Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: CNN Money: Have you driven a Fjord lately?
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) few clarifications about LI ion technolgy
        by "gulabrao ingle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: ETA on Electro Auto adapters
        by Electro Automotive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Another NHRA anomaly
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 15) RE: what does Ah or ampere hour signify
        by "Mick Abraham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) FW: solid state relays
        by "Roger Daisley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Ni-MH cells and Chevron (Re: EV digest 7078)
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: NEDRA board help on 3 wheeled vehicles
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) RE: Shipping some EV Parts into Canada
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Another NHRA anomaly
As I wrote last week, I am selling off my old parts
that are just laying around in the garage.  Before I
sell any of them, I need to be sure they still work.

In the past, I tested these EV-1's outside the car,
but I had trouble.  Without a series wound motor
connected to it, it is difficult.  Also, you can't
free spin a series wound motor, even if I had a spare
lying around.  So, just connecting it to any old
series motor (unloaded) is a recipe for disaster.

What I did is just put a load between A1 and A2.
Then, I jumpered from T2 to A1.  But, I think the
device is trying to read a voltage across T2 and A1 to
calculate how much current is flowing.  With the
jumper, it is reading 0 volts = 0 current.  It runs up
to about 20% duty cycle and then faults.  Actually, it
starts pulsing the load at maybe 2 Hz.  I believe that
is some type of fault condition.

I am testing with 36 V (3 x 12 V batteies).  The load
I am using is a perm mag motor.

This is the exact same thing that happened last time I
tried to test outside the car.  In the car it worked
fine then.  I just want a way to test it outside the
car without having to uninstall / reinstall each of
them.

I'd appreciate any help.  Thoughts on how to properly
bench test one of these.

Thanks,

Steve

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Hey Shawn

Why not post them to the EV photo album?

BTW Love hearing about your awesome increases 8^)

If nothing else I'd be more than happy to post some
for you at my site, just let me know.

Cya

photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

If people need to post pictures quickly and don't have any web space
handy, there is a service called tinypic ( http://www.tinypic.com/ )
which allows you to upload images via your web browser (no ftp client
or anything required) and then post the link here or wherever you want
people to see it, for free.
You many want to check the terms and conditions and so on, but I've
used it before and it appears to be harmless enough.

You can do the same thing with picasaweb, flickr etc but this involves
a bit of setting up first.

Be careful when pasting in the link that it doesn't automatically turn
your message into HTML as well - double check that you've got "plain
text" mode before pressing send.

On 7/30/07, keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Shawn
> You cannot post photos on the list that is why we get
> all those truncated messages but you can insert a link
> to them. please e-mail some to me or just put them up
> on one of you sites and refer us to them as I am sure
> many would like to see both of your racers OJ and
> AGNS. I am also looking for that electric lawn mower
> we talked about
> kEVs
> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Keith,
> >
> > We are using aluminum 10" wide rims with 8" wide
> > slicks stretched out.
> > There are two in a tandem setup making AGNS a 3
> > wheel inline motorcycle.
> > Maybe the first ever on a dragstrip, but I doubt it.
> > By playing with
> > the motor magnets, tire diameter, and
> > series/parallel arrangements of
> > the motors we can switch between voltages rather
> > easily even without
> > actual gearing.  I checked the 60 ft times for AGNS
> > from Saturday. The
> > best was 1.6 secs. Almost quicker than OJ.  I have a
> > feeling she is
> > going to better this when given the added torque of
> > 6 more batteries.
> >
> > AGNS actually made her debut in south Florida. Her
> > best run that
> > night... 22 secs @ 67 MPH.
> > On not really sure how to post photos, but if you
> > can do it I will be
> > glad to email them to you.
> >
> > Shawn

Hey everyone,

There are some photos of AGNuS and OJ at

http://www.powerofdc.com/gallery.html

These were taken in June.

There is a video at the top of the page (taken in the pits) and at the bottom are some close up shots of the bike and the dragster.

There are also photos of the bike and the dragster on the NEDRA site, on the 100 mph Club and on the home page at various places.

At some point I plan to add more pictures of Shawn's great rides in the NEDRA Photo Gallery

Chip

NEDRA
http://www.nedra.com

NEDRA Power of DC
http://www.powerofdc.com

From: keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 30, 2007 11:12:32 AM EDT
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: photos of OJ  and AGNS

Shawn
You cannot post photos on the list that is why we get
all those truncated messages but you can insert a link
to them. please e-mail some to me or just put them up
on one of you sites and refer us to them as I am sure
many would like to see both of your racers OJ and
AGNS. I am also looking for that electric lawn mower
we talked about
kEVs

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- I'm not sure about an SCR controller, but I know a good way to test newer controllers is with a light bulb. It won't pull much current, but you should see the light bulb brighten as you ramp the throttle up.

damon

From: Steve Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Bench testing the GE EV-1 Controller
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:18:10 -0700 (PDT)

[...]

http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtextlinkjuly07

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- You can see the video here: <http://www.ap.org/>http://www.ap.org/ On the bottom left hand corner it says AP News Minute. Click on that then click on the Science and Tech tab, then you'll see the story "Amp heads light up the strip" and click on that.

        I really like Wayland's explaination of how the Zilla works.

        Bill Dube'

Thanks Keith,

I'll send you some photos of both. The mower project has taken many unexpected turns but all for the better. I'll have something I can share with the public very soon.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Douglas wheels
> Burris tires
> DEKA AGM batteries

=== message truncated ===

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder
tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/

=0

Hi Mark and all,

Have you tried to tune your motor for best amp draw?  It just takes an
ammeter hooked to your setup while running. fix the motor at a steady
voltage then play with the timing untill you draw the least amps.  That
should be the sweet spot.  Lawrence Rhodes.......