EV Ride&Drive Event @Redwood Acres Racetrack Mon 6/9 1-5p Eureka, CA

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/AEBlog/archives/2014/06/06/easy-being-green
Easy Being Green
By Dev Richards  Jun 6, 2014

There's no shortage of green metaphors in Humboldt County. There's the easy
go-to of our "green economy," our pride in the greenery of our gigantic
redwoods forests and then there's our commitment to promoting an
eco-friendly, green lifestyle. Get started on that last one this weekend.

The Sustainable Living Expo (free) is Plan it Green's contribution to
boosting Humboldt's eco-friendly reputation. From 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. on
Saturday, June 7, the Arcata Community Center will be bursting with all
things sustainable. This year's theme is "Building Green Communities and
Wheels of Change," so many of the demonstrations and workshops will be
geared toward environmentally friendly construction and vehicles.

The expo highlights local, green businesses, showcases the newest in
electric vehicle technology, and shows you how to reduce your personal
environmental impact.

Don't miss the special reception with Humboldt Made at 4 p.m. (snacks,
people).

Whether you love the planet or you just love expos, it's not a bad way to
spend a Saturday. We live in a beautiful place, folks; let's learn how to
keep it that way.
[© 2014 The North Coast Journal Weekly]
https://www.facebook.com/events/1443710879205583/
8th Annual Sustainable Living Expo
http://yournec.org/content/sustainable-living-skills-fair-and-sustainable-living-expo
" ... included will be the Wheels of Change Autorama , showing off electric
and alternate fuel vehicles, hybrids and energy efficient vehicles.  The
Humboldt Electric Vehicle Association will display their electric vehicles
and other “vehicles of the future” for event participants to check out."
http://www.heva.org
Humboldt Electric Vehicle Association
http://www.afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations/results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&location=Arcata+%2C+CA&filtered=true&fuel=ELEC&owner=all&payment=all&ev_level2=true&ev_dc_fast=true&radius=true&radius_miles=50
Nearby public EVSE

http://www.redwoodenergy.org/events
Electric Vehicle Ride and Drive Event
Made in Humboldt Fair
Redwood Acres Racetrack
June 19th 1pm to 5pm
The Redwood Coast Energy Authority will be out on the race track during The
Best of Humboldt Fair at Redwood Acres with Electric Vehicles for you to
Ride and Drive. RCEA staff and Electric Vehicle dealers will be on hand to
answer all of your EV questions.
[© redwoodenergy.org]
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Redwood-Acres-Fairgrounds/214498858661303
Redwood Acres Fairgrounds