% Whereas Canadians would rather hemp than tomato %

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-and-heinz-look-at-tomatoes-and-ask-what-can-we-use-yah-fer/
Ford and Heinz Look at Tomatoes and Ask, “What Can We Use Yah Fer?”
June 10, 2014  by Alexander Stoklosa

[image
http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/TomatoFord.jpg
Heinz Tomato Ford
]

Every year in the Spanish town of Buñol, a bunch of people gather together
to chuck tomatoes at one another during a festival known, appropriately, as
“La Tomatina.” Besides representing a wasted opportunity for folks to get
their daily dose of lycopene, the event roughly previews a similar barrage
Ford and Heinz are planning for the automotive industry, a barrage of
tomato-derived bioplastics for minor fittings in cars. Yep, it’s like La
Tomatina, but for, uh, engineers.

Now, we don’t want to lead your mind completely tomato-astray, so we should
point out that Ford’s only interested, at this point, in the tomato skins,
which it says can be formed into knickknacks such as coin holders and wiring
clips. Where exactly will Ford find the necessary tons of tomato peels?
Heinz! Everyone’s favorite condiment-maker, which just so happens to produce
a heap of tomato byproducts like skins, seeds, and stems after rifling
through more than two million tons of the fruit annually. Tomatoes
apparently make great, 100-percent-plant-based widgets for cars.

Should the bioplastic make Ford’s cut—it’s still in the experimental
phase—it will join the eight other bio-materials currently fitted to a range
of Ford vehicles, a plant portfolio that includes sexy stuff like soy-based
seat foam and rice hull–filled electrical cowl brackets, whatever those are.
We dig the project, and not just because we’re imagining a bunch of Ford and
Heinz engineers settling development disagreements with giant tomato fights.
In all seriousness, it seems logical to recycle an otherwise not terribly
useful food byproduct for use in cars, which aren’t terribly sustainable
things to build in the first place.
[© caranddriver.com]
http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/06/10/ford-heinz-explore-use-tomato-fibers-in-cars/
Ford, Heinz Explore Use of Tomato Fibers in Cars
June 10, 2014
http://online.wsj.com/articles/ford-heinz-anticipate-autos-made-from-tomatoes-1402401489
Ford, Heinz Anticipate Autos Made From Tomatoes
June 10, 2014
http://teamcoco.com/jokes/tag/6643-food
Conan O'Brien: Ford is teaming up with Heinz Ketchup to make a car parts out
of tomatoes. So it’s official, Americans will put ketchup on anything
June 11, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Tomatina
http://www.latomatinatours.com/
http://www.latomatina.org/
http://www.tomatina.es/
La Tomatina links
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=hemp
Hemp use in EVs> Canadian bio-plastics using hemp

For all EVLN posts use:
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/retired-toyota-camry-hybrid-batteries-power-campus-yellowstone-national-park-article-1.1816886
Solar&hydro-recharged repurposed-NiMH hev-batteries power Yellowstone

http://www.uc.edu/news/NR.aspx?id=19929
AMP-EVs/HorseFly e-Octocopter deliver goods to your front door
http://article.wn.com/view/2014/06/04/HorseFly_Octocopter_Primed_to_Fly_the_Future_to_Your_Front_D/
http://www.azorobotics.com/news.aspx?newsID=5778
Ultimate Unmanned e-Aerial Vehicle to Safely and Rapidly Deliver Goods

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140610-905928.html
BP fund$ avinc.com UAS e-planes to GIS map Prudhoe Bay, AK oil field

http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/dukeofedinburgh/happy-birthday-93-facts-about-the-duke-of-edinburgh-32431
Duke of Edinburgh's 1960s Lucas EV w/ Chloride batteries
http://www.macleans.ca/society/prince-philip-turns-93-a-life-of-gaffes-and-achievements/

http://ecomento.com/2014/06/04/could-home-solar-charging-kill-the-gas-station/
Could home solar charging kill the gas station?
http://www.macleans.ca/economy/business/why-gas-stations-are-on-the-wane-in-canada/
Why gas stations are in decline in Canada
+
EVLN: INR15Lakh Chevy Beat EV entering the Indian auto market

{brucedp.150m.com}