App couldn't shutdown EV because thieves kept EV always on
Stolen Tesla EV Reached Speeds 100+MPH As Owner Followed On App

http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/09/04/cops-use-iphone-app-to-recover-stolen-tesla/
Cops use iPhone app to recover stolen Tesla
September 4, 2014

[image
http://tribkswb.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/teslatheft.jpg

video  flash
]

SAN DIEGO — A La Jolla woman helped police recover her stolen $90,000 Tesla
and capture the suspected thieves with the iPhone app that comes with the
high-tech electric car.

Shahin Pirani parked her Tesla Model S outside a friend’s home in La Jolla,
and when she finished her visit, she discovered that the car was gone.

Pirani’s smartphone app can track the location of her car, and police used
it to track down the stolen vehicle. They dispatched patrol units to the
location and gave chase. Police eventually flattened the car’s tires with
spike strips, ending the 20-minute pursuit. The suspects abandoned the car
in the street and ran off, but police eventually caught them.

The Tesla app lets owners monitor and control battery charging, track the
car, heat or cool the car remotely before driving and open or close the
roof.

“We can actually stop the car from my phone,” Pirani said. “But the car
cannot be running for me to actually lock the car.”

As soon as the suspects abandoned the Tesla, Pirani used her app to lock it.
She

She said she really learned the value of the Tesla app from this experience
and is quite happy with her Tesla Model S.
[© fox5sandiego.com]

http://www.carbonated.tv/technology/90000-stolen-tesla-found-with-iphone-app
$90,000 Stolen Tesla Found With iPhone App
by Suzanne Robertson  [2014/09/05]

A La Jolla woman was leaving a friends house when she discovered her $90,000
Tesla had vanished.

Owner Shahin Pirani activated the iPhone app that comes with the high-tech
electric car and was able to track her luxury ride. She alerted the police
who dispatched patrol units and the chase was on.

The Model S App not only tracks where the car is but shows how fast it is
going and can disable the car if it is stopped.

"The car was actually running at 100 mph so we figured the car was being
chased by the cops," said Pirani.

Police eventually used spike strips to flatten the car’s tires after a
20-minute pursuit. The thieves abandoned the car and ran but were eventually
caught.

The Tesla app has other cool features like letting owners control battery
charging, heat or cool the car remotely and open or close the roof. Pirani
has owned the Tesla for about a year and is sold on the brand.

"After this, I'm not going to get any other car for sure," she said.
[© 2014 Carbonated.tv]

For EVLN posts use:
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/08/30/might-tesla-owner/
You Might Be A Tesla Owner If…

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/economic-development/brothels-no-barrier-nevada-economic-development
Batteries & Brothels are no Barrier to NV economic development
http://www.mynextfone.co.uk/breaking-news/tax-breaks-key-as-tesla-plans-gigafactory-in-nevada-h3170.html
Tax breaks key as Tesla plans Gigafactory in Nevada
http://www.voanews.com/content/nevada-wins-bid-5-billion-tesla-factory/2439413.html
VoiceOfAmerica: $1+B NV tax-breaks beat-out AZ,CA,NM,TX

http://www.businessinsider.com/brothel-tycoon-helped-bring-teslas-gigafactory-to-nevada-2014-9
Brothel Tycoon Helped Seal Tesla's Gigafactory Deal

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/08/29/new-process-solves-lithium-ion-battery-problem/
Old tires to Graphite> for new lithium-ion EV batteries

http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/tesla-goes-wireless-in-china/
Tesla Goes Wireless in China
+
EVLN: Happy-n-charged & ready-to-go> Leaf EV telematics emails owners

{brucedp.150m.com}