From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Michael Ross via EV
Sent: Thursday, 11 September 2014 2:12 p.m.
To: Jan Steinman; Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] BiPolar NiMH (was: Kawasaki Concept J 3wheel GIGACELL
powered EV)

LFP I know about, and they can provide more than 2000 cycles if you make the
same sort of effort as one does with Lead.  Charge them right, don't run
them too low, ask too much of them when they are cold, etc.  You can ruin
any battery.  There is a loss of capacity if LFP just sit, of maybe 1% a
year (I am reflecting some stuff I saw on EVTV), number of cycles does not
degrade. I make a distinction between the aging/degradation and misuse.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Jan Steinman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> > From: Bill Dube via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> >
> > NiMH has been largely eclipsed by Li-Ion.
>
> Except in lifetime. Nickel technology is 3,000+ charge/discharge
> cycles if well cared for, Li-ion what, 1,000 max? And nickel cells
> have about the same capacity until they seriously break, whereas Li-ions
"degrade," no?

> :::: You can't solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that
> created it in the first place. -- Albert Einstein
> :::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op ::::

*Dalai Lama *

Tell me what it is you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver, "The summer day."