On 26 Sep 2014 at 22:27, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

> The Stella uses 35wh per km.weighs388 kg.  Has a 16 kw battery.

Do you really mean it's capable of producing 16 kW (about a third of the
motor's peak power), or do you mean 16 kWh?

> Size is 499x165x115 cm.

This is a little longer than a Ford Explorer SUV, a couple inches narrower
than a Toyota Yaris minicar, and about the same height as a Lambourghini
Aventador LP 700-4 - an unusual shape, to be sure!

> Stella at 40 mph can still charge the battery.

It would be wonderful to have an EV that could run entirely on the solar
energy it produced by itself, in real time.  A lot of folks would like to
believe this is possible.  It's one of those EV "holy grail" things.

Maybe someday, with some fantastic high-efficiency PV, it'll happen.  And
hey, maybe even with its garden-variety off-the-shelf PV, this very vehicle
can do it for a while - as long as it's on a flat road in the full desert
sun somewhere.  Such as, say, the Australian Outback.

But in daily use on real world roads, where it might be cloudy or sunny,
where trees and structures often shade the streets?  Ehhhh, I don't think
so.

And as I showed before, based on the energy consumption and PV output
specifications provided for this vehicle, the claim is just not credible on
its face.

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Build one and prove me wrong.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA