From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of EVDL
Administrator via EV
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:21 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Hand-wringing EV angst is not a real problem

On 19 Nov 2014 at 12:13, Lee Hart via EV wrote:

> I [prefer charging at home]. [A public charger] may be occupied, or
> broken, or it's only for other "brands" of EVs, or I don't have the
> right 'card' etc.

Like (I think) Ben Goren, in the last few years, even before some of the

recent news revelations, I've been developing more concern for personal
privacy.  Some of my friends have commented on my growing collection of
stylish tinfoil hats ;-).

Those activation cards for charging stations - from what I can tell,
cash is
never an option, as it is at gasoline filling stations - make me a
little
uncomfortable. When you use them, you're effectively being tracked.  The

data are logged somewhere, and who knows how good the security is?

It's one more hole in your privacy shield.  OK, it's probably not a big
one,
but still it's another place for your personal data to leak out.

So, that's one more advantage for home charging : improved privacy.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator