Wouldn't this be a great headline.  Since the students at Einhoven proved the
concept of a four passenger vehicle that can run independently of the grid or
be charged with grid power or even put energy back to the grid without
depleting it's battery why isn't someone producing it?  I've only seen a couple
of good attempts and no real conversions yet.  If anyone is working on a
practical solar vehicle I'd like to hear about it.  Stella does 375 miles on a
16kw battery pack. 500 with the sun & at 40 mph no battery depletion.  This
proves efficient design is the future of  electric vehicles.  Stella weighs 800
pounds and is capable of this range with 4 passengers.  Lawrence Rhodes
http://www.xlr8sun.com/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/canadian-sets-distance-record-in-solar-car-1.742323

http://organictransit.com/