I've been researching solar vehicles.  There is a ration of panel to size of
vehicle to efficiency that is very interesting.  A couple of designs were small
cars with huge solar panels.  One and I think one of the first was simply a
velomobile with a flat solar panel placed on top. Two in the last few solar
challenges were very odd.  One an airplane like vehicle with a large panel on
top.  Another a long rectangle with an EVen larger panel mounted above and
sticking out on all sides.  If anyone can chime in on the specifications of
these rather odd vehicles I'd be interested.  Cruising speed,, weight, motor
etc.  They seemed very practical.  Lawrence Rhodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuG4__YYlOk

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-24419452

http://sciencelearn.org.nz/Science-Stories/Harnessing-the-Sun/Sci-Media/Images/Solar-Kiwi

http://thefraserdomain.typepad.com/energy/2006/07/houston_ms_high.html

http://earthtechling.com/2013/07/vehicule-solaire-eclipse-aims-for-world-solar-challenge-gold/

https://www.google.com/search?q=world+solar+challenge+odd+vehicles&biw=1279&bih=655&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=4Yr8VIblH9TYoASkuoGYCw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1#tbm=isch&q=world+solar+challenge+cruiser+class&imgdii=_