Yes Roger,

We did re-purpose 3 of the Megawatt's motors in the Silver bullet, which
went on to set 8 consecutive world records in one voltage class. This set
up was also the impetus for the rule of setting a record in one voltage
class per Nedra event (We set a new record in 3 voltage classes in one day,
and we were about to try for a 4th when it was decided had done enough).

Best regards,

Tom

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Roger Stockton via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> Ben Goren wrote:
>
> > Sorry -- I was referring to them seem to really be building a real race
> > car, not attempting to verify their claims to bragging rights. The
> > megawatt bit, honestly, didn't even register....
> >
> > b&
> >
> > On Apr 2, 2015, at 6:15 PM, Ben Apollonio via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Really?  I was pretty sure the title of "first megawatt all-electric
> > race car" went to the Maniac Mazda over a decade ago...
> > >
> > > -Ben
>
> I'm not sure if Maniac Mazda satisfied the 'megawatt' bit, however, Bob
> Boyd's 'Megawatt Monster' dragster should have satisfied both the
> 'megawatt' and 'all-electric race car' bits, and this (as well as Maniac
> Mazda) were well over a decade ago.
>
> I didn't find specs on the Megawatt monster in a quick search (the car's
> tranny failed at what I believe to be its first real outing, and Bob's
> health failed shortly afterward such that the car's drivetrain was parted
> out; the Silver Bullet (IIRC) ended up with one of its two triplets of
> motors).
>
> It seems these pictures I took at the Woodburn drags in '99 are still
> online though.  You can clearly see the 6 motors, 3 1200-amp DC
> controllers, and part of the pack of Johnson Controls Inspira AGMs:
>
> <http://www.veva.bc.ca/woodburn/1999/8415020a.htm>
>
> <http://www.veva.bc.ca/woodburn/1999/8415021a.htm>
>
> <http://www.veva.bc.ca/woodburn/1999/8415023a.htm>
>
> It appears that the present incarnation of Maniac Mazda at the same time
> sported 4 1200-amp DCP controllers, so perhaps it was indeed capable of
> 'megawatt' level operation:
>
> <http://www.veva.bc.ca/woodburn/1999/7080033.htm>
>
> <http://www.veva.bc.ca/woodburn/1999/783000e.htm>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roger.

Remember, it is not that the glass is half empty, in reality, the glass is
merely twice the size that it needs to be! -TNT'82