-David,

Where were you able to learn these xVolts = y%SOC?

I think you are very right about the max voltage, I don't what numbers are
right for a given version of any cell, but I am certain that 0.2V too high
can really mess things up.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:42 PM, David Rees via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 1:16 PM, via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> > I’m finally getting the new pack together and it’s made up of Leaf
> cells. What voltage range should these cells have? I want to be
> conservative and make this new pack last a very long time.
>
> The LEAF charges them up to 4.10V on a "100%" charge. You might see
> 4.12V maximum on a few cells, especially on the 2013+ LEAFs compared
> to the 2011-2012 LEAFs which seem to charge to a slightly lower
> voltage. The LEAF BMS will report this charge to be 95-96% or so.
>
> An 80% charge will charge the cells to around 4.02V.
>
> 50% charge is around 3.90V.
>
> You get the first low battery warning around 3.75V and the second
> warning around 3.68V.
>
> The car opens up the contactors around 3.30V, but you can probably
> take it down to 3.0V or so if you do it very gently.
>
> Some others have mentioned charging up to 4.2V, but I think that's too
> high since Nissan doesn't get close to that.
>
> -Dave

Thomas A. Edison
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasaed125362.html>

*Warren Buffet*