On 27 Apr 2015 at 16:21, Martin WINLOW via EV wrote:

> Sorry, but I am at a loss to understand why we are even discussing this.

Well, as you can see, a thread like this does have great potential for
veering off topic.  :-(

Being the mod here I don't want to take sides or cause further off-topic
discussion.  However folks in Europe may have missed even the widely
reported incidents here in the States that personify what some have called
police over-reaction.

If you'd like to read more, there is plenty to be found on the net.  That
includes some rather unsettling mobile phone video clips on Youtube.

I think part of the reason for the strong reactions here on the EVDL is that
it's not at all difficult to imagine something similar happening to ANY of
us.

I haven't seen any statistically valid research on this, but anecdotally, I
talk to an increasing number of perfectly reasonable, thoughtful, and (dare
I say it) law-abiding people here in the States who are afraid of their own
police.

Whatever the reasons, and THAT discussion is definitely WAY off topic so
let's not go there, that's not what I'd call a healthy relationship.

For European EVDLers, I hope that helps explain some of the strong US
reactions to this news item here on the EVDL.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator