http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/back-to-dunmurray-delorean-belfast-reunion-celebrates-1980s-miracle-1.2198841
 ... electrical-engineering students from Queen’s University Belfast are
working on an electric version of a DeLorean.
May 4, 2015  Amanda Ferguson

[dated]
[video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzXDwZEgkZ8
QUB Electric DeLorean - Electrical Engineering at Queen's ...
Video for Queen's University Belfast electric DeLorean 3:13
Feb 16, 2015 - Uploaded by QUB2000
http://www.facebook.com/QUBEV Electrical and Electronic Engineering students
at Queen's University ...
]
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-27147947
DeLorean: Queen's University Belfast students build all-electric iconic car
By Mervyn Jess BBC News NI  25 April 2014

[image
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/74436000/jpg/_74436334_p1000147.jpg
The vehicle was brought back to Belfast from a cow shed in County Leitrim
]

Media caption The students are hoping to make the car run on electric power

An iconic DeLorean car built in Belfast in the 1980s is the centrepiece of a
special project by students in the city.

The DeLorean was made famous when one featured as Marty McFly's time machine
in the Back to the Future films.

Instead of a flux capacitor, students at Queen's University are aiming to
give a highly-charged boost to the iconic vehicle.

They have embarked on a year-long project that will have them looking
back... to the future. Their mission is to restore and electrify the
DeLorean.

The vehicle was brought back to Belfast from a cow shed in County Leitrim.

It had been built at DeLorean's Dunmurry plant on the outskirts of the city
in the early 1980s and shipped to the United States.

After spending years on the sunny roads of South Carolina, it was eventually
returned to Ireland by a car collector.

Now the gull-winged stainless steel car has been stripped down and the task
is about working out how to bring it roaring back into the 21st century.

Undergraduate Jake Mercer is a member of the project team. He said the car
was getting an electrical makeover.

"It'll have cool speedos and you will be able to Bluetooth your phone to it.
This is all part of a learning project. However, the restored DeLorean will
have just as much charisma as the old car," he said.

Another member of the restoration team is Nikki Jackson who has a close
family connection to the DeLorean motor car.

"My granddad actually worked for DeLorean at the time they were being built,
so I felt it would be a good idea to work on one of the cars myself. I never
pictured myself doing something like this when I started studying at
Queen's," she said.

'Electrified'
Fellow student Niamh Tohill is equally excited by the project.

"It was a real wow factor when I first walked into the garage and saw the
DeLorean sitting there. It was like... it's real... it's there," she said.

Dr David Laverty, a lecturer in electrical engineering at Queen's, is
overseeing the project. He said using a DeLorean was a "no-brainer" once
they were offered the chance to get their hands on one.

"The purpose of the project is to encourage school kids to consider careers
in electrical engineering," he said.

"I was a big Back to the Future fan when I was growing up. The car remains
iconic and well known amongst people of all ages. So when we were looking
for a project I thought, wouldn't it be really cool to build an electric car
out of a DeLorean."

They aim to have the car "electrified" by October 2015.

So it is pedal to the metal for these students, and as Dr Emmett Brown in
Back to the Future might say: "Where they're going, they won't need roads."
[© 2015 BBC]
http://pureenergycentre.com/a-delorean-car-converted-into-an-electric-vehicle-by-students/
A DeLorean Car Converted Into An Electric Vehicle By Students
January 9, 2014 By Pure Energy Centre
On 6th June 2013 a project was launched at Queens University in Belfast,
enabling 10 students to convert a DeLorean into an electric vehicle!

http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/eeecs/News/Title,481608,en.html
QUB Electric DeLorean Project

[image
http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/eeecs/News/Image1optional,481608,en.jpg
QUB DeLorean electric car
]

Electrical and Electronic Engineering students at Queen's University are
undertaking a novel project which involves the conversion of a 1981 DeLorean
sports car from a petrol engine to one operated by electrical propulsion.

This unique project is being is being led by Dr David Laverty, a lecturer in
the School. Belfast is the home of the DeLorean Motor Company, with the
original manufacturing plant located just five miles from where the car will
be converted into the Car of the Future. It is remembered for the one model
it produced — the distinctive stainless steel DeLorean DMC-12 sports car
featuring gull-wing doors. The DeLorean DMC-12 shot to worldwide fame in the
Back to the Future movie trilogy as the car made into a time machine by
eccentric scientist Doctor Emmett L. Brown.

The QUB Electric DeLorean project is sponsored and supported by Northern
Ireland Electricity (NIE) as part of their engineering education activities.
Electric Vehicles present great opportunities for decarbonisation of
transport, but the technologies and electrical infrastructure required to
support them will require a new generation of Electrical Engineers.

The DeLorean will be restored and converted to use an electric motor and
battery pack by a team of undergraduate students from the various
educational pathways offered by the School of EEECS. Dr Laverty is aiming to
have the QUB Electric DeLorean on the road by 21 October 2015…the day Marty
McFly arrives in the future!

Why not follow the progress of the QUB Electric DeLorean project –

Blog – Follow Brian and Kenny (final year students working on the car)
Facebook: fac ebook.com/QUBEV
Twitter: @QUBDeLorean
[© Queen's University Belfast 2015]
https://sites.google.com/site/qubdelorean/
QUB Electric DeLorean

http://www.firebox.com/product/4907/Electric-DeLorean-DMCEV
Electric DeLorean DMCEV - buy at Firebox.com
But this isn't just any DeLorean, it's an electric DeLorean. ... But at
least the Electric DeLorean's full leather look interior is suitably ...
Sean - 16th June 2014.

[U.S.A.]
http://www.electricdelorean.com/
Electric Delorean Project! ... recently featured on several news programs
and in the New York  ...
http://delorean.com/dmcev/
DMCev - by DeLorean Motor Company and Epic EV
[video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoyb4ueNh2s
NEW!!! 2015 Delorean DMC EV  1:52
Feb 14, 2013 - 2 min - Uploaded by THE LEXUS HYBRID POWER
Delorean Electric surprises in New York, will cost $95000 in 2015 First
announced last October ...
]

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/