'Ford is trying to kill sex'

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tesla-model-3-elon-musks-bmw-3-series-rival-be-unveiled-march-1500106
Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk's BMW 3-Series rival to be unveiled in March
By Alistair Charlton  May 7, 2015

[image
http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1437386/tesla-model-3-render.jpg?w=736
Tesla Model 3 render  A render by Auto Moto of what the smaller Tesla Model
3 might look like(Auto-Moto)

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1437387/tesla-model-3-render.jpg?w=736
Tesla Model 3 render  Render suggesting what the Tesla Model 3 might look
like, based on the Model S and X(Auto-Moto)
]

Tesla will unveil a new all-electric car to compete with the BMW 3-Series in
March 2016, company boss Elon Musk has said.

The car, to be called the Model 3, will be a smaller version of the
company's successful Model S and Tesla is rumoured to be targeting a
starting price of around $35,000 (£23,000), placing it in the firing line of
entry-level saloon cars from BMW, Audi, Volkswagen and Ford.

During a call with investors, Musk said: "We are hoping to show the Model 3
in March of next year," although admitted that this date is tentative and
could change depending on how development of the car progresses. The chief
executive added added that the car, which will have a range of 200 miles on
one charge, will enter production in mid- to late-2017, adding: "Late 2017
is probably more realistic."

After widespread success with the Model S - and the Model X, a taller SUV
which will go on sale towards the end of this summer - the Model 3 will be
Tesla's most important car to date. Where the Model S is a luxury saloon
priced between £50,000 and £100,000, the Model 3 will bring the concept of a
practical and refined all-electric car to the masses and at a price which is
equal to petrol cars of a similar size and style.

It will, assuming it sells in the high volumes expected of a £23,000 car, be
the make-or-break point for Tesla's network of free Superchargers, which is
gradually expanding across the US, UK, Europe and further afield to provide
a way of quickly recharging for no cost and with the convenience of petrol
stations. The company will need to install thousands more between now and
late-2017 before anxiety - the fear of running out of electricity miles from
a charger - is completely eradicated.

'Ford is trying to kill sex'
The Model 3 is actually Tesla's fourth car after the Roadster, Model S and
upcoming Model X, and was originally called the Model E, but Ford sued
Musk's company, saying it wanted to use the name. As a compromise, the Model
3's name will be stylised as Model III.

Musk told Auto Express earlier this year: "We had the model S for sedan and
X for crossover SUV, then a friend asked what we were going to call the
third car. So I said we had the model S and X, we might as well have the
E...and then Ford sued us saying it wanted to use the Model E - I thought
this is crazy, Ford's trying to kill sex."

The Model 3 is expected to feature an all-new chassis, rather than borrow
the platform shared by the similarly-sized Model S and Model X, and the new
vehicle will be developed in part by Tesla's British engineering chief Chris
Porritt, who used to work for Aston Martin.
[© ibtimes.co.uk]
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tesla-model-s-p85-review-car-future-already-here-1485808
Tesla Model S P85 review: The car of the future is already here

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/6/8562127/tesla-plans-to-unveil-its-35000-model-3-in-march-2016
Tesla plans to unveil its $35000 Model 3 in March 2016
Production will ramp up in "late 2017"
By Chris Welch  May 6, 2015
The Model 3, which will be 20 percent smaller than the Model S, is a crucial
project for the company as it looks to make its own electric vehicles more
affordable ...
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/45006/tesla-unveil-model-3-vehicle-priced-35-000-march-2016/index.html
Tesla will unveil Model 3 vehicle priced at $35000 in March 2016
By: Anthony Garreffa | May 7, 2015
Tesla has teased the availability of its upcoming Model 3, the more
mainstream electric vehicle from the company, for release sometime in March
2016.
http://www.slashgear.com/tesla-aiming-for-35k-model-3-unveiling-in-march-2016-09382803/
Tesla aiming for $35k Model 3 unveiling in March 2016
[May 9, 2015]  While Tesla and its all-electric Model S seem to be getting
lots of attention within the auto industry these days, the cars are not
easily affordable, starting around ...
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=subject%3Aevln+subject%3Atesla+-re&days=0&sort=date
Read more Tesla EVLN items on evdl

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

http://247wallst.com/autos/2015/05/10/reserve-a-tesla-model-x-for-5000/
Reserve A Tesla-X For $5000

http://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/international/teslas-battery-grabbed-800m-in-its-first-week/
Tesla's giga-battery-factory grabbed $800m/1st-week> for EVs&Powerwall

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/blacked-out-tesla-model-s-says-a-lot-about-how-the-ev-market-is-changing-95281.html
Blacked Out Tesla-S Says a Lot about How the EV Market Is Changing

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2015/05/05/130612-robots-to-drive-polaris-ranger-darpa-robotics-challenge.html
GEM nEVs @DARPA Robotics Challenge Finals 6/5-6 Fairplex, Pomona CA

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/what-s-wrong-with-electric-bicycles-1702986234
Karmic Bikes' Koben promises to fix what ails the ebicycle industry

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2015/04/28/3608499/paso-robles-park-and-ride-lot.html
2 L2 EVSE @Paso Robles, CA  park-and-ride lot
+
EVLN: Tesla Roadster 3.0 Longer Range Package Release In August 2015

{brucedp.150m.com}