My thoughts, too. Might work better if the dongle were actually a credit card reader and you had to swipe to activite - like Square. Not as convenient but it passes the security problem on to someone else.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Bill Dube via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "EVDL Administrator" <evp...@drmm.net>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 16-May-15 9:57:25 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: KRW1M portable L2 3kW EVSE w/ RFID&3G for Seoul.kr outlets

The article implies that most of the security is built into the dongle that is paid for by the EV owner. What is to prevent a person from paying a bit more for a hacked dongle? What is to prevent a person from just plugging in directly?

The concept sounds interesting, but the security sounds like is need a little bit more thought, at least as the system is described by the article.

Bill D.