Just attach a face mount A/C compressor to a aluminum plate attach to the
electric motor face plate.  Install the same size diameter pulley on the motor
pilot shaft that is normally use on a engine.  The pulley on the electric
clutch is normally smaller.  This keeps the rpm high during idling.   Idle the
motor by installing a 2nd 5k pot preset to about 300 to 400 rpm.  Use a on dash
switch label IDLE  ON  OFF that is transfer to the accelerator circuit when you
turn ON the IDLE switch.

Another advantage using a IDLE switch even if you do not have the A/C on, is
when you come to a quick stop and go, leave the IDLE switch ON which prevents
starting up surge from a dead stop.  Instead of 500 amp start up surge with out
the IDLE, it is only 150 to 200 amps with the IDLE ON or PRE IDLE just before
you press the accelerator peddle.

I pick up all the A/C equipment from a local radiator shop, which includes the
condenser, compressor, compressor clutch, expansion tank with a filter insert,
A/C core and hoses.  The  A/C core is normally sandwich with the heater core
which uses the heater fan for the air input.

The air input is normally coming from the outside air for the heating cycle.
The engine coolant temperature may get up to 250 F, so the outside air is use
to temper the input air temperature.  In A/C systems, there is a damper that
blocks the outside air and recirculates the cab air.

I modified this damper control to also circulate the heating air.  Only need
the heater turn up to 600 watts which works good here in Montana.  15 minutes
of run time will bring the temperature up to 80 F. in the heating cycle or down
to 70 degrees from 80 degrees ambient in the A/C cycle.

Roland