http://www.minsterfm.com/news/local/1653838/listen--first-york-praises-drivers-actions-in-bus-fire-incident/
LISTEN: First York praises driver's actions in bus fire incident
25th June 2015

[image  / Julian Rudd
http://cml.sad.ukrd.com/image/429825.jpg
(ebus fire)

http://cml.sad.ukrd.com/image/429849.jpg

http://cml.sad.ukrd.com/image/429828.jpg

audio
http://cml.sad.ukrd.com/audio/429886.mp3
LISTEN: Julian Rudd Eyewitness tells 104.7 Minster FM what he saw

http://cml.sad.ukrd.com/audio/429888.mp3
LISTEN: Ben Gilligan MD of First York - says the driver was a superstar
]

The driver of a First York Park and Ride has been praised for the way they
dealt with a fire on an electrict bus in Stonebow this lunchtime.

At approximately 11.45 am today an electric vehicles on Service 9 from Monks
Cross travelling into York was involved in a thermal incident on Stonebow in
York.

 The driver was alerted by a warning light and immediately stopped the
vehicle in a safe location. He quickly evacuated the vehicle carrying
approximately a dozen customers.

There are no reported injuries.

Stonebow is currently closed to deal with the incident and there are reports
of traffic now building up in the area due to diversions.

Neil Ferris, assistant director for Transport at City of York Council,
added:

“Our primary concern is the safety and wellbeing of passengers and although
it’s not clear what caused the fire, we have asked First Bus, as the
operator of the Park&Ride service, to investigate this incident as a matter
of urgency.”

First York Statement in full

At approximately 11.45 am today one of our electric vehicles on service 9
travelling into York was involved in a thermal incident on Stonebow in York.

 Our driver was alerted by a warning light and immediately stopped the
vehicle in a safe location. He quickly evacuated the vehicle carrying
approximately a dozen customers. There are no reported injuries.

 The incident was attended by the emergency services and the vehicle was
recovered at approximately 1.15pm.

 An immediate investigation has been launched.

 Will Pearson, Business Manager of First York said, "I'd like to thank our
driver and the emergency services for their swift action in evacuating
customers and bringing this incident under control.

 "Thermal incidents are rare but very serious. We have launched an immediate
evacuation into the cause of the incident."

Neil Ferris, assistant director for Transport at City of York Council, said:
it was clearly a distressing incident but the actions of the bus driver
prevented any serious casualties.First
[© Minster FM 2015]
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/local-stories/passengers-escape-bus-fire-in-city-centre-1-7328037
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-33273548
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/13353555.Bus_fire_in_York___Witnesses_tell_of_explosion___Stonebow_re_opened___electric_fleet_to_remain_on_the_road___UPDATED_3_10pm/
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/13353555.Bus_on_fire_in_York___Witnesses_tell_of_explosion___Businesses_evacuated___UPDATED_12_40pm/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_park_and_ride
York Park and Ride services
https://www.york.gov.uk/parking/ride/
http://www.eurotransportmagazine.com/16170/news/industry-news/new-fleet-of-fully-electric-buses-for-park-ride-scheme/
New fleet of fully electric buses for Park & Ride scheme
20 May 2015 ... six new Optare Versas buses have been introduced ...
http://media.eurotransportmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/New-fully-electric-fleet-of-buses-for-Park-Ride-scheme-2.jpg
http://www.optare.com/news/2015/5/19/more-electric-optare-versas-for-york
The UK’s top Park&Ride (P&R) service is further expanding its offer to
customers by introducing a new fully electric fleet of  Optare buses at
Monks Cross Park&Ride.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optare_Versa
http://www.optare.com/versa
Optare Versa
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/business/news/13347930.Optare_impresses_Swedish_transport_operators_with_electric_bus_offering/
Optare impresses Swedish transport operators with electric bus ...
Jun 23, 2015

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.150m.com}