http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/11/stella-lux-ev-solar-car-video/
Stella Lux EV ready to tackle solar challenge [w/video]
Jul 11th 2015  Chris Bruce

[image  / TU Eindhoven, Bart van Overbeeke
http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/GLOB/crop/6607x3719+0+694/resize/800x450!/format/jpg/quality/85/http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/ffc8035e4ac3a7ec2101a9537d42e19e/202276341/BvOF-Stella-Lux-2015-presented-09.jpg
(Stella)

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-JeEV2R4bw
Car Presentation Solar Team Eindhoven: Stella Lux
Solar Team Eindhoven Jul 3, 2015
Car presentation of the new car of Solar Team Eindhoven: Stella Lux.
Stella Lux is energy positive, which means she generates more energy
than she consumes.
]

Using the sun's rays to actually power a useable production car rather
than just some accessories is still science fiction. A group of Dutch
college students are getting about as close as possible to making that
future a reality right now, though. The Solar Team Eindhoven from the
Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands won the Cruiser
class in the 2013 World Solar Challenge with a vehicle called Stella.
Now, the group has unveiled the new Stella Lux to challenge the 2015
edition of the biennial event, and it looks even better than before.

The Stella Lux is capable of seating four people inside and looks far
more like a normal vehicle than the long plane of cells and bubble
canopy of many solar challenge cars. The student-built machine is still
incredibly efficient and capable of generating more energy than it
consumes at times. In Dutch weather, the sun and onboard battery allow
for a 621-mile range with a top speed of 78 miles per hour.

However, Solar Team Eindhoven still has a big test ahead in the 2015
World Solar Challenge and has a crowdfunding campaign to raise money for
it. The event runs 1,864 miles mostly through the Australian desert from
Darwin to Adelaide starting on October 18. The Cruiser class emphasizes
practicality, efficiency and the number of people being transported but
only allows for one battery charge over the distance. Teams can run from
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and must travel through seven checkpoints.

The brief video below shows off the Stella Lux's unveiling. The audio is
in Dutch, but the clip displays the vehicle actually moving under its
own power.
[© autoblog.com]
http://www.solarteameindhoven.nl/support-us/#solarmilesform
Help Us To Australia  Crowdfunding Solar Team Eindhoven (v)
% Solar Mile Rewards:
-A USB stick in the shape of our car
-A personal certificate with information about the mile you bought, such
as how fast we drove or how much energy we generated that mile
-Your name in our car & your name and message on our website  +
*More rewards for more miles donated %
http://solarteameindhoven.nl/stella-lux/
Stella Lux  The energy positive family car  Photo gallery

http://www.gizmag.com/stella-lux-solar-powered-family-car/38299/
Dutch students reveal solar-powered family car
By Stu Robarts - July 3, 2015
https://www.facebook.com/WorldSolarChallenge
Official World Solar Challenge
[dated]
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/09/stella-solar-powered-four-passenger-car-ready-for-australia/
Stella solar-powered four-passenger car getting ready for Australia
challenge [w/video]
Jul 9th 2013

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/