On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 4:37 PM, via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Is that warranty transferable to a second owner?

​I just bought a used 2012 i-Miev with a grand total​

​of 3400 miles.  The warranty book says, "
This warranty is provided to the original and subsequent
​ ​
owner(s) of the Vehicle​
​...."  However, it also says that "
Gradual capacity loss of the Main Drive Lithium-ion Battery
based on time and usage is NOT covered under this warranty.
​"  In other words, if a cell fails ​
​hard you get a warranty replacement.  Not sure if that means a new cell
installed or a new pack.  But if everything stays reasonably balanced and
only delivers 60% of its original range, you're out of luck.  I've been
lurking at myimiev.com and haven't read any reports of that happening yet.

There is a free android phone app
(caniOn) specifically for the i-Miev that reads a Bluetooth OBDII dongle
and shows *lots* of useful info in real time.  My main condition for buying
the car was to check the health of the pack.  I had the driver floor the
pedal and watched all the cells simultaneously, and they didn't vary even
.01 V.  Not a conclusive test, but encouraging.

Chris