You are still thinking 3000 pound conversions.  Cut the weight and cut the
battery weight.  Get good aerodynamics.  I bet Clouds Dolphin would do great
with a 1kw of solar. Imagine it at 1500 pounds with a small pack. Just do the
math.  It's all about the numbers.  The lighter the vehicle the more sense
solar on the car makes.  I've even seen VW buses done over and for a specific
mission that works.  It's about 8 miles a day.  The guy never plugs in. Works
for him.  So if you have a 2000 pound car instead of 55wh per mile it might be
150wh per mile Range.  20 kw pack 600 watt solar panels...do the math.  Brings
it down to 200 mile range and 33 hours to charge.  Lets divide 200 by 33.  That
is 6 miles of range per hour of sitting in the sun.  Starting to get
interesting?  For some people that is enough and you would never need to plug
in...but you could if needed.  Somehow Stella and Stella Lux get very good CD
with their custom roofs full of cells.  A CD of .16.  Plenty good.
  So if the manufacturers would make something like the tear drop German cars
of the 30's you might have something.  50 miles of gain per day is great and
many people could live on that number for their commute. Stop thinking Nissan
Leaf and more like the I3 squished down.  Remember if you use bad CD like the
Leaf and heavy weight solar makes no sense.  You must have a light aero
vehicle.  Lawrence Rhodes...I lease a Leaf and it's great but it's so 20th
Century...It's the same kind of vehicle as a Rav4 EV or the Honda EV
Plus...Look at what aero did for the EV 1 and you can see every little bit
helps until it's in the ball park and working.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlorwagen
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2767806/Meet-Stella-solar-powered-car-drives-500-miles-SINGLE-charge-warns-traffic-lights-change.html
http://www.evalbum.com/3242 Dave Clouds Dolphin.  It's gutted and only weighs
1200 pounds without batteries.  1980 pounds in battery weight.  This is the
vehicle to make solar.  It might do better than my numbers.  A lot better...but
then someone would have to do it....