At about this time, the electric heaters came on in my EV, while I am setting
here typing this.  I have three AC heaters, one 500 watt hot water heater for
the existing heater core, a 640 watt driver side cab heater and a 840 watt
passenger side cab heater.

Today, because the temperature is only 30 degrees, the 640 watt comes on.  I
have a on dash transfer switch that can select between commercial power or on
board power using a 5 kw DC to AC inverter.  If I want heating while the EV is
in the drive mode, than the power comes from a rotating inverter-alternator
that puts out both 13.5 to 16 volts DC and 110 VDC 7Kw which is inverted to 120
VAC 60 cycles 5kw.

This unit also acts like a REGEN braking to slow down the EV on steep icy
hills.

Roland