From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Bill Dube via EV
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 11:20 AM
To: brucedp5 <bruce...@operamail.com>; Electric Vehicle Discussion List
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Hunter's e-ATV reduces pressure on deer

Electric vehicles are _less_ noisy to wildlife, but not silent in their
hearing range.

While the low frequency noises from the engine and exhaust are eliminated,
the high-pitched electronic noise can be quite loud to wildlife (and those
of us that can hear ~17 kHz and
above.) The controller switching frequency of  is above the typical person's
threshold of hearing, but my cats would greet me in the driveway every
evening that I would come home from work in my EV. They could hear me coming
a block away. My wife can definitely hear the controller in our Prius and
also in our Leaf.

Bill D.