Lawrence had posted about this a month ago:

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Improving-Leaf-economy-range-tp4679309.html
 ... I was reading online that capping the grill, moving the license plate,
reversing the mudflaps and pumping up the tires to 45psi will give you 20%
better economy with the Leaf. I'm thinking fender skirts would help as well.

My response was to look at hyper-milling as a major range gainer
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Hypermiling-for-better-range-td4678457.html

My S-10 Blazer conversion EV [
http://brucedp.150m.com/blazer/
] was so energy inefficient (especially when compared to a production EV
like a Leaf), I had paid to add some aerodynamic efficiency (air-dam) tricks
to my EV. That is when the front grill was changed to a solid air dam with 6
AC inlets (powering the 6 on-board chargers).

I also had the underside of the Blazer smoothed out with a long flat
surface, as three sections of thick black plastic sheeting (from TAP
Plastics) held in place with Zeus fasteners (so they could be removed for
repair work, etc.).

There was also an air dam placed in each front fender well to block off air
turbulence in and out the ice compartment. I had to make a return trip to
the shop to have that adjusted as it was interfering with the tires when
they were turned sharply.

All that time, effort and money paid off as better range, by 3% at highway
speeds (55mph). However, that ice-compartment was so sealed up, that the
air-cooled controller was air flow starved. I had to return to the shop and
pay to have several large holes punched though the front air dam to give air
flow over the air cooled controller at speeds above 35 mph.

Was it worth it? At the time when there was nil public EVSE, and what there
was was L2-6kW at best (no L3), with huge gaps inbetween, I needed my 2 ton
lead-sled to have as much affordable range as possible. With a 55+ mile
PbSO4 pack range and up to a 22+kW charging ability (depending on the power
available), I was able to push my EV driving trips to the max.
Yup, way back then, it was worth it (for me to throw money at the issue).

Today, there are so many efficient production EVs available and so much
public EVSE than ever before, ... I would be thinking differently than back
then if air-dam modifying is really worth the minor gain.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/to+each+his+own
To each his own

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/