On Mon Dec 28 20:22:42 PST 2015 ev@lists.evdl.org said:
>Either only one core is passing the electric current
>or the air flow is not sufficient to avoid the heaters
>to reach the temp where they increase in resistance enough
>to self-limit the power (so they don't burn up)
>
>Can you see / check the two elements to see if they both
>pass current? If so, then the air flow must be increased to
>get higher output (and lower the heater core temp, so they
>will draw higher current).

They are both drawing current, and the trucks blower is putting out
considerably more air than the original heater fan.
I'd go with Lee's observation that it's likely they never really drew 1500W
when plugged into AC in the first place.
And yes, I did notice that they draw significantly more for the first few
seconds.

--

Try my Sensible Email package!  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensibleemail/