While it is true that EMW never UL-approved the Juicebox, they did get
approval from other safety testing (another commercial company than UL)
so there is no indication that JuiceBox is unsafe or would be a problem
with your insurance as suggested, I consider that either ignorance or
fear-mongering.

The lack of UL certification did disqualify them from a trial that
specifically required UL approval, so people in that trial did miss out
on the rebate.

Even if you put a JuiceBox together yourself (which, by definition
cannot have UL approval for the total product, because workmanship is
not guaranteed) but you use all UL or otherwise safety approved
components, then you still have as good a case when a fire hits as if
you mounted some components together to build an amplifier or a power
supply or you were modifying your own vehicle.
I have never seen a fire insurance requiring all UL approved products in
the home or else you won't get your insurance money. If I am not
mistaken, they look at whether there was arson or whether there were any
known unsafe practices that may have caused a fire (so, deliberate
setting fire or failing to act to stop a known hazard) but that does not
include using products without UL approval. It is not illegal to sell
products in the USA without UL approval so I wonder why you present it
this way?
Please explain the "problem that has manifested" that you claim.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.