Actually Cor, when I tested the Juicebox I had a meter in the J1772 Power pins
and it showed 240vac from the first thunk to the 2nd thunk, when the contactor
closed and when it opened. And the easiest way the contactor can be tested is to
put power thru it and that is what the Juicebox does.

Best to all

Rush Dougherty
Tucson AZ 85719

EV
> Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 12:56 PM
> To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Juicebox contactor problem
>
> I am sure that this test is done in software just to verify that everything
works, just like there
> is a special relay that will *create* a GFCI event just to test the detection
of GFCI before
> relying on it.
> Most standards actually do not specify what happens in transition (such as
power up) but if
> it is important - the software is open source so you can simply comment out
this test and if
> you want to still get the proper test results, you do the test at the (first)
plug-in event.