I agree. I also think they don't get used much so a big waste of money. They
need to put them on Highway routes between cities. Or just subsidize gas
stations to install them

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone-------- Original message
--------From: brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> Date: 2/8/2016  6:06 AM
(GMT-06:00) To: ev@lists.evdl.org Subject: [EVDL] Backlash begins> We'll all
pay to charge others' electric
        cars

% Anti-plugin hate begins> Ratepayers paying for Utility EVSE %

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-CA-Utilities-Installing-public-EVSE-BAD-for-ratepayers-tp4680232.html
]

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/electric-703041-cars-charge.html
Letters: Shock at paying for electric car charging stations
Feb. 8, 2016

Re: “We’ll all pay to charge others’ electric cars” (Opinion, Feb. 4): I
read Peter Ferrara’s article regarding Southern California Edison’s plan to
build 1,500 electric vehicle charging stations and how the cost will be
added to our utility bills.

We don’t drive electric cars, so why should we be penalized for those who
do? California wants everyone to drive an electric car, but then complains
when those electric vehicles produce no gas taxes.

It is bad enough that they want to charge mileage for using your car; now we
are penalized on our electric bill. We are very conservative in our
household with water, electric, gas and the like because we are on a budget.
I strongly oppose being billed for energy that is going to someone else’s
car. Let those who use electric vehicles pay for the electric charging
stations. Put it on their utility bill, not mine. I was born in California
but, frankly, I am sick and tired of being gouged because of others. No one
gets to vote on this? What has happened to our once-wonderful state?
 -Beverly Ulvan  Irvine [CA]

As ably pointed out by Peter Ferrara (“We’ll all pay to charge others’
electric cars,” Opinion, Feb. 4), California’s middle class is once again
getting the short end of the stick. The billionaires and millionaires who
buy electric cars like Tesla and Fisker are subsidized by the taxpayers
through government grants to the companies and subsidies to purchasers. Now
the middle class is being asked to pay for the billionaires and millionaires
to charge their cars. All this compliments of the progressive Democrats
running this state. It makes one wonder where Bernie Sanders stands on this
issue.
 -Robert Helfand  Laguna Niguel [CA] ...
[© 2016 Orange County Register]
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/california-702698-state-electric.html
We'll all pay to charge others' electric cars
Feb. 4, 2016  PETER J. FERRARA ... California Public Utilities Commission
approved Jan. 14 a proposal for Southern California Edison to build 1,500
electric vehicle charging stations ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.150m.com}