> From: EVDL Administrator via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>
> Nor do I see much hazard in adding a cord and plug.

Y’mean like the cord and plug I wired to go into the dryer outlet… with a 15 kW
generator on the other end? :-)

I am careful to follow a certain sequence that begins with throwing the main
breaker and genset breaker, then plugging the plug into the dryer outlet and
the genset BEFORE turning on the genset breaker.

That does make it hard to know when the power comes back on, though. Gotta keep
an eye on the neighbour’s lights. I’ve thought about sticking a little NE-2
bulb or Sonalert on the utility side of the main breaker, but haven’t worked up
the nerve yet.

:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::